Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby keep spilling milk!

xxJJxxx is offline Registered User

Exclamation Baby keep spilling milk!

Help!!!!!!!

My 3.5mth old baby has been spilling milk on an average of 2-3meals each day since 2weeks ago and her stools were greenish since too..

Brought her to 2 docs but they all said nothing about the real cause of it.(!!?!) But the thing is she is not refusing milk at all, ( on enfalac formula) and instead of the normal 150ml per feed on a 3-4hr interval, i'm now trying to feed 100ml on a 3hrs interval and 50ml on the next hour, but it still doesn't help!!!! she will literally spill at least half on the 100ml feed!!!

Since 2days back she seems so tired and had been sleeping long hours after each feed,especially on each spilling feed.

I am really concerned what's the main cause of this excessive spilling and she seems to lose a fair bit of weight now...Anyone have the same experience like this before??

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

When you say spilling do you mean spitting up or vomiting?

xxJJxxx is offline Registered User

Well it's actually both at times.
    When i try to pull out the bottle and do burping for her in between each feed ( she seems to be out of breath sucking ) , she will literally vomit out a gush of milk together with the trapped air in her and she will cry out loud in discomfort.

The frequency of vomiting is increasing and I'm really worried now.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Have you taken her to a pediatrician or to a GP? The doctor didn't give you anything to help with it? Could it be reflux? I wouldn't know, sorry, as I never had this problem with my son. But if it were me, I would have taken her to my pediatrician, Dr. Barbara Lam who is good with all issues, including feeding issues, and I would trust she would have some solution for me to try.....

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Have you changed anything recently, or do you think you need to? Formula, nipple (more holes for older baby), bottle type, etc

I think it's time for Dr #3. It doesn't sound normal, and it's not fair for your baby to be going through this while you are being told that nothing is wrong.

zyxwv is offline Registered User

A suggestion I read when my son was an infant was to pour 10/20mls on a plate so that you can really get a sense of how much it is. Often, when you actually see how much 10-20mls looks like spilled, you realize that your child isn't spitting up all that much.

If she really is vomiting 50mls, I agree that is not normal. An option to another Paed is to have a lactation consultant come to the house. They don't just assist with breastfeeding but other feeding issues as well. That way, you can have an expert with you when you do the feed so that she can see exactly what is going on.

I am pretty sure that Annerly provides this service. I worked with Yvonne Heavyside. She is a UK trained and educated nurse. Her website is:http://www.thefamilyzone.hk/. Contact info and price list are on the website. If you search her name on this forum, you will see that many others have used her services as well.