Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

When did your children share a room?

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Hi Plumtree :)

I remember that our kids are similar ages almost to the day!

We were a bit mad, our younger one was in with her brother from the age of around 4 mos.

The reason for this was convenience more than anything. Our room is upstairs, the cot downstairs in my son's bedroom. They're used to each other and one rarely wakes up the other.

Things have been peachy since. Yes, its a little more hassle having to go into the room to pick my littler one up whens he's teething/lost a dummy/ growth spurt / <endless...>
    but Im happy with how things are.

Ironically, my sister is visiting us from Oz so we actually did dismantle the cot and bring it upstairs to make room and my 7 month old gets woken up by her brother via the baby monitor...this rarely happened when they were in the same room!!
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    We got both ours to share a room when our daughter was almost 1 and when my son was 3-ish. We did it after we came back from a long-haul trip... They were sleeping together in one room for a few weeks when we were traveling and I figured that they had to adjust back to HK time anyway when we came back, so we decided to get them to room together once we came back.

When the little one would cry at night in the earlier days (teething, night terrors, etc.), our son would just sleep through. It went more smoothly than I had anticipated, even though friends who have done the same thing had assured me that it would not be hard at all. :)

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Hmm, I'm just sitting here listening to "Mummy, put C outside, put him outside". I've been in there a couple of times already and am just sitting here now to see what happens. Sigh...crying volume increasing...better go in.

wykamy is offline Registered User
    So happy to hear all the positive experiences! I'm contemplating moving my 8 mo old son with my 3 yr old daughter soon...

plumtree is offline Registered User
    After two nights of both boys sleeping together, it's going pretty well. There are still cries of "put it outside" at bedtime, but less so. All's well apart from the loud rendition of "Wheels on the Bus" at 4am and again at 5am last night, and some crying and mucking around from older brother. My fault for telling older brother he had to sing to baby to comfort him!

All though this, there was not a peep from baby, who just loves being in the same room with older brother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12