Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can babies sleep with socks on?

carey is offline Registered User

can babies sleep with socks on?

I have beening letting my bud to sleep with socks on. This way, I would never have to worry if he has struggle his bare feet out of the sleeping bag. Or for his weather, I just have long sleeve pjs and socks for him without sleeping bag.

But My Chinese grandma told me that it hurts the babies "brain" or " eyes' if they sleep with socks on. Is this old wives tale? Or I should stop letting him sleep with socks on now.

Thank you.

carang is offline Registered User
    what a silly notion!

of course babies can sleep with socks on!

however, it's a little hot for that now...

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned
    Totally agree with Carang

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    yes - it's an old wives tale...they also say it's bad for the bladder too...no idea! my hubby believes it so nothing i can do - i just give her another blanket to cover her feet! ha-ha

ausnyc is offline Registered User
    Oh, I was thinking the other way - that socks on feet make it more comfortable, whether the weather is warm out or not since it probably regulates temp better. This is more instinct than anything since I sleep better with socks on. :) My two cents...

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Sleeping with socks sounds really uncomfortable, except on the coldest winter nights.
    At the moment, my son sleeps in a 2-piece shorts-t-shirt set under a thin sleeping bag in air conditioning.

carey is offline Registered User
    I know it can be uncomfortbale. But He is pulling himself to a stand all the time. I am afraid that he would trip himself to fall standing and trying to walk in his crib in a sleeping bag.

Shenzhennider, It does not look like your son has this problem though.

I try to buy him loose socks. But he grows out of them very quickly or the socks shrink considerably after washing.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    My daughter hates socks. I currently put her in a short sleeved onesie with thin, cotton long-sleeved PJs over the top, no blanket and no sleeping bag, and the AC on low. She seems to stay at a good temperature like that for now.

There's nothing wrong with socks though - but in this weather I do think it's too hot for them! Even with the AC on.

In winter, my daughter always walked around the crib in her sleeping bag though - and she never hurt herself. She'd get frustrated though because she couldn't walk as freely as normal. But in winter, she NEEDED the sleeping bag because she wouldn't keep on a blanket... Now, the long sleeves give her that extra bit of covering from the AC. She seems to sleep better with long sleeves and AC than she does in short sleeves and no AC...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast