Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to get nice jigsaw puzzles (with frame)

fennho is offline Registered User

Where to get nice jigsaw puzzles (with frame)

Hello there

Would like to ask mommies here if anyone knows where to find good quality jigsaw puzzles (those with frames)? My daughter is so much into jigsaw puzzles now, doing what we've bought for her over and over again. The puzzles (with the frames) we bought from some stationery shops are of poor quality (they bend easily) and with the rough handling of my toddler's hands, they are bent. They are also hard to fix and easily came off.

I tried Toys R Us but they dont have any (only those wooden boards). Anyone knows any shops that specializes in jigsaw puzzles here in HK?

Much appreciated!

Cheers

sea princess is offline Registered User

Have you tried WISE KIDS in the Prince's building or Cyberport? They have lovely wooden puzzles from memory?

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

If you mean the thick cardboard puzzles (with a frame), then Park n Shop stock them. Or at least, our local Park n Shop (at Parkview). The themes are generally Disney/Pixar (so lots of princesses for girls, Buzz Lightyear/Lightning McQueen for boys).

We have a few of these and my two boys (who are far from gentle) have managed to keep them in good condition.

geomum is offline Registered User

Toysrus stocks Mellisa and Doug which are wooden, also many Clementoni ones with many popular disney characters. The one in Harbour City has maximum choice, which one did you visit?

lesliefu is offline Registered User

there's a store in Tai Koo Shing that specializes in puzzles - it's in the kiddy section (shoe stores) near the bathroom on 2nd floor i believe, you'll probably find some in Apita (tai koo shing)too...

elaine is offline Registered User

the store in cityplaza, taikoo shing, near hong kong book centre, chickeeduck. also in Apita, ground floor, kid's section

fennho is offline Registered User

thanks peeps. For those interested. I've found a nice jigsaw puzzle store in Grand Century in Mongkok. They sell really good quality puzzles from Japan, which has a plastic that comes along with the puzzle to cap the frame once ur done with the puzzle. :)