Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mmr?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I personally think that 99% of it is baloney and your kid is much safer being vaccinated than what they would be if they happened to be exposed to the disease unvaccinated. In the MMR case, didn't the original article which started the whole debate get retracted because it was based on made up data or something like that?

I know that there are risks to any vaccination - but the risks are very small compared to the benefits of vaccination.

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    I delayed the MMR for a few months only because I wanted my little girl treated and cleared for egg allergy before I let her have the shot. In my home country, MMR is given only at 15 months onwards. Living in a place like HK and not be vaccinated for any of the vaccines is a huge risk. And if you do a Google search, there are plenty of true life stories where parents did not vaccinate their children and then regretted it when their children caught a disease that could have been prevented.

HappyV is offline Registered User
    My son is autistic.
    He has had the MMR.
    Believe me, I have done my research: there is not one shred of substantiated, peer reviewed research that supports any kind of link between getting the MMR and being autistic.
    My intention is to have my younger child vaccinated - however, due to a couple of other (unrelated) issues, he will not have the jab until he is close to two.

I strongly support vaccination - I believe that it is my responsibility, as an educated, thinking, socially responsible parent to protect not only my child, but other people's children from diseases that can be fatal.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    The dude who did the MMR study that alleged the connection between the vac and autism recently renegged on it as was proven falsified. Wasn`t this in the news just a while ago?
    Basically, it`s all baloney. There`s a reason that Measles, Mumps and Rubella haven`t been seen around town lately;)

ciaobella is offline Registered User
    Thank you for all of your replies and for sharing your experiences, especially to HappyV. As you've all said the research has been proven to be 'baloney' and the doctor has been struck off and because of this it is in the news again. As I've said I wouldn't not consider having the vaccine as without it the risks are too great for me to even contemplate. It is just the niggle and the fact that there are still some people who do claim that there is a link.

Thanks again, for all of your thoughts on this.

Speaking of unreliable sources, Jenny McCarthy wrote a book about this and how MMR = autism affected one of her kids. :)

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Didn't she also say that giving him organic food and a gluten free diet cured him - can't have it both ways, I reckon, it was either his diet or his immunisations (or most likely neither but for the purposes of her argument...) Also, her saying that kind of implies that the parents of autistic children don't feed their children the right food - very annoying I would imagine.

Just my opinion :-)

Hey, give her a break. I mean, she was a PLAYBOY.
    (snicker snicker)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Scroll to top