Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Prenatal music class - any recommendation?

sea princess is offline Registered User

Hi chenscmitt
    I am southside and did something similiar in Australia when I was pregnant with our daughter. I found it great. I would be interested in joining you when it's up and running.
    Keep me posted.
    Thanks

ANGO is offline Registered User

Sounds interesting, please keep me posted as well!

hayleylaw is offline Registered User

Hi Chenschmitt, I filled in the trial class form at the Prelude website last week and Monica called me this morning (she has a lovely voice!). She told me that the classes are full at the moment and she'll be on vacation till mid-august. I have reserved a spot for the september term (cycle 3), but I think it'd be nice if I can do something similar during the summer just to get started. Do you have any recommendation?

blessed is offline Registered User

hi everyone, sounds interesting and would love to join as well. but since my edd is end of september it may be too late to join the september term? keep me posted if there's any class in the summer.

chenschmitt is offline Registered User

Oops, I just realized that I forgot to post the link up: http://prelude-hk.com.hk
    she does mentioned a few times in class that we should read some articles from her blog, but I've been busy and it's too stressful if I hv myself doing homework for the class. So I hv't really looked at the blog. Hope you'll find it helpful anyway.[/QUOTE]

chenschmitt is offline Registered User

Oh, I must hv prssed the wrong button for the above post.
    Anyway, I've hv booked Monica for september before posting this thread. I originally planned to hv the class at my home but I guess if we can make a class, I guess it's nice if we can meet somewhere near central? I'll ask Monica if she hv a studio near central where it's convenient for everyone.

Seems like prenatal music is not very popular in hk, I haven't seen any program other than prelude. Someone from this forum told me earlier that she can make some recommendation (I thought she ran her own class) but hvn't got back to me. She made a good point though, apparently, she knows Monica, too and she said she wouldn't trust someone who hasn't gone through pregnancy. Though I like Monica a lot (and hayleylaw you're right, her singing is beautiful!! I could listen to her sing all day!) and she seems to have the research to support what she's doing, she hasn't been a mom after all. It'd be nice of we can find someone who's as competent and experienced!! Let's keep looking around!

Btw, my husband wonders if there's any classes for fathers after the baby's born, haha! (his best friend from Boston just told him that he's going to a class with his newborn and my hubby is jealous!)

blessed is offline Registered User

hi chenschmitt, thanks for the update... actually i fill in prelude's online form yesterday after reading your earlier post and got monica's reply today, saying she can also do private class in august, and have regular cirriculum in september... interesting that she actually sings to the moms-to-be & babies in the class?!?! actually this is the first time i hear of such classes also, but as i love music i thought it's good to give it a try... i think my baby really likes music and it moves around a lot whenever it's worship time at church!

and re your note on class for dads to be, my husband & i are attending the antenatal class at family zone right now, and they also provide baby basics class for new parents to be, which we may considering joining also as this is our first and we are not sure of what to expect... check out The Family Zone if u r interested.

gpjapan is offline Registered User

Hi, 3 of us are planning to take prenatal music lessons (Monica's classes) in August-please let me know if anyone else would be interested in joining us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast