Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Need to replace 2 DHS

marshmallow is offline Registered User
    NP, HK

Need to replace 2 DHS

Dear All,

I am Marshmallow. Thank you for those comments in the previous thread started by me "Help - need to replace my two DHS - am I expecting too much?"

To clarify, I am not a SAHM. I have a full time job, I work from 9 to around 7 or 8 everyday and I have twins, so I think I am justified to have 2 DHs to help.

I have sort of talked to my two DHs and given them another month or two to improve before I do anything to them. BUt the recent "crime" committed by them, which I do not think is tolerable any longer, is leaving my twins (now 15 months old) in the living room alone, whilst they stay in the maids room (at the back of the kitchen without a view of the living room) doing whatever they are doing, be it ironing, chatting on phone or just chilling out.

I think there is no need to seek advice at this point in time as to whether I should sack them. I have made up my mind this time to replace them. BUt i cannot sack them until I find a replacement!!!

I have seen some pretty good comments about Arrows. If there are other agents worth using or if you have recommendations on maids, please let me know. THanks in advance.

syuan is offline Registered User

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    Tung Chung, Hong Kong
    I think as your twins are older now, you may consider getting just 1 helper. That way the helper can focus on taking care of the babies, but not chatting or chilling out with each other if you have 2 helpers.

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi Marshmallow,

I don't think you need to justify how many DHs you have at home at all. It's totally a personal decision. I also work full-time and have two DHs at home taking care of house chores and my baby (yes only one!).

Instead of going through the agents, when there's an urgent need, my friends usually interview DHs on in the evenings or over the weekends as many of them can start immediately. Good luck!