Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Vitamin for toddler?

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Vitamin for toddler?

What vitamin do you give your toddler? i only give my 4 yrs old Vitamin C. I realized he is allergic to orange and all vitamin C are orange flavored.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User

Hi Crystal88

My 4 year old gets a Vit. C tablet a day - Redoxon for Kids.
    The whole family takes one tablet a day and lots of sunshine too for the Vit. D effect. And we've noticed that since we've included the Vit C and Vit D into our daily lives, we've gotten less sick this year. For my son, despite the constant rotation of bugs at kindie, he's not gotten as sick as he used to before and when he does, we usually put him to bed earlier and he's over it much faster than before.

He's vegetarian (unless sausages are involved!) but we don't give him a multivitamin. We're thinking about it. Haven't found ones we like.

Cheers!
    QM

“If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

plumtree is offline Registered User

My toddler (2.5 yrs) likes the Kindervital vitamin solution (especially the 'fruity flavour'). It's a liquid and contains vit C but is not orange flavoured. I bought mine from 360 in Landmark but I've also seem them in Bumps to Babes.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

We use the Centrum multi vitamin for children; mostly because we can't find the Flintstones vitamins here.

deenise is offline Registered User

we're also using the Kindervital vitamin fruity flavour. I've tried it myself and love the taste! : ) Our naturopath friend told us that a liquid vitamin is always better and will help with the absorption as opposed to a tablet (even though it is friendlier and easier for them to take), but honestly we didn't have any trouble giving the Kindervital to him since it tastes just like juice...

I get mine at 360 or IMI Central. Bumps to Babes doesn't always have it and for some reason their packaging is some times different than the others which scares me a bit. I trust 360 and IMI a lot more.