Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Moses baskets, cots, cotbeds???

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong, Mid Levels
    I would get a cot-bed and put it in the spare room with the sofa bed. That's a handy arrangement and will allow one of you to get a good night's sleep and one to be in with the baby if need be.

Would be good to borrow a moses basket so you have the option of putting the baby in with you for the first few days/weeks/months. As everyone has said, you don't quite know how you are going to feel. Co-sleeping is great for some, not for others.

We had bub in the spare room from Day 1 but with all doors open and a monitor so we could hear very well. Small flat so probably as close as the same room in other countries!

If possible invest in the best quality, chemical free mattress you can afford. There are many factors involved in SIDS prevention and bedding is one of them.

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    We got a cotbed for our baby, and he has been sleeping in his own room since the day we came back from the hospital. We have been using fitted sheet and no bumper/pillow. In the first few months, he was swaddled, and we also tucked in a big muslin wrap (lighter than regular blanket to avoid overheating) firmly on top of his body so that he wouldn't be bothered by the reflex. I only BF during the day so the confinement lady/nanny was sleeping on the futon in his room to feed him at night. He has been sleeping on his own since dropping the night feed after 6M....

matemate is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    thanks everyone for your feedback! very helpful indeed

jvn is offline Registered User
    Mid-Levels, Hong Kong
    With the SIDS and breathing thing I imagine it is just speculation, I can't imagine any research they could do could prove it categorically.

But, I used a breastpump and it was very noticeable that when he was very little The Boy's breathing used to synch with the rhythm of the pump when he was near it - cute, but maybe there is something in it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12