Back to work - After 10 weeks
- 06-11-2010, 08:41 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2008
- hong kong
I also went back to work after 8 weeks (also in education. they made me finish 2 weeks before edd).
I was similar to lisa88 - i breastfed whenever i was home & pumped 4 times a day - once before work, twice at work & once before bed. i had no problems with supply & had plenty in the freezer.
going to work the first week was pretty hard - in tears on the bus on the first day & just pretty miserable for the first week or so. but i soon got used to it. I actually found it more difficult to go back after the long summer holidays - she was so much more active, interactive and aware and I really struggled to leave her after spending so much quality time with her (i.e. not just feeding and talking/playing TO her but talking and playing WITH her...if that makes sense...).
she's 18mths now & like lisa88, doesn't seem to have any separation anxiety & i'm greeted each afternoon with her standing at the top of the stairs waiting for me with squeals of delight!
I wanted to send my helper to a first-aid class, but given that she didn't start until after i'd gone back to work (hubby worked from home for a week or so) we just didn't manage it. I think i'll try to send her to one over the summer holidays while i'm home to look after z.
- By Gataloca in forum Everything ElseReplies: 23Last Post: 12-26-2010, 11:05 PM
- By Liquorice in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 06-22-2010, 12:40 PM
- By premama in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 9Last Post: 02-16-2010, 05:08 PM
- By premama in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 9Last Post: 01-12-2008, 10:10 PM
- By a_chan in forum Everything ElseReplies: 1Last Post: 04-23-2007, 11:23 AM