Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any Tripp Trapp users here?

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Love love our chair. Easy to clean and toddler can climb up and down easily.

By the way, the trip trap i have is Japan made, cost me $500, got it new from a seller in DBay, she order bulk so it's cheaper, unfortunately, she doesn't sell it anymore.

bumbeeno is offline Registered User
    I love the Tripp Trapp and so does my little one! We got it when he was about 8 months old and when we tested it out in the shop, he was so excited that we thought it was perfect. He didn't have problems getting in and out - after a few days, I noticed his legs would go ramrod-straight when he knew I was going to take him out or put him in!

I agree with gduck about the seat cushion - it is a PAIN to remove and gets dirty so easily. We took it out the first time to wash and never put it back because you have to disassemble part of the chair to get it out. Bub seems pretty comfortable without it anyway. We also left the back cushion on because it looks nice, but it also gets dirty pretty quickly.

The only complaint I have is how expensive all the add-ons are! We bought the harness (he keeps trying to stand up) but didn't buy the tray, we just use our dining table.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Love mine, got 2. Used them from 6 months plus. Took off the cushions as they only get dirty and took off the bar when they started to climb out. I have one that's 5 1/2 years old and one that's about 3 years old. Still going strong! They come in nice flat packages so very easy to ship (mine were both shipped as I didn't like the US plastic bar they had at the time, and they didn't have a bar at first at all, it was for 18 months + with a harness in the States).

Never had the tray, the real benefit for me is that they sit at a regular table, so it takes up less space and it's more "natural", and also it is not one of the those hideous, huge plastic chairs ...

You cannot go wrong ...

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    We have 2 for our sons 2yrs and 3.5yrs and really love it. The kids can get up and down by themselves and it doesn't flip backward when they push away from the table. We didn't use the infant insert, just the harness to start off with but not anymore. We also didn't buy the cushions because it's much easier to clean without them.

We also have the ikea white one which is also very good and cheap!! But that one doesn't let the baby sit right up against the table so I would recommend also getting the tray for that one. We have a roof so we leave that one upstairs and only the 2yr old uses it.

Maisy is offline Registered User
    Thanks all for your replies!

Now I am more confident in getting one.

Except some different views on the cushion and the tray, has anyone bought the original harness? Or should I get something else for my boy?

bumbeeno is offline Registered User
    I bought the harness and we're still using it because he likes to push up against the footrest to stand and it was hard feeding a baby who kept wanting to bounce up and down!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12