Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Tripp Trapp users here?

Maisy is offline Registered User

Question Any Tripp Trapp users here?

Hi, I saw the Stokke Tripp Trapp when I shopped around and found it very functional. The chair can be adjusted into different heights, and the lady in the shop told me that it can be use for like 10 years! Thinking about getting one in our house when my baby boy reach 6 months old, any Tripp Trapp users can share some experience here? Or any other chairs you would like to recommend?

gduck is offline Registered User
    We bought Tripp Trapps for our twins. Initially we were disappointed, as they didn't seem to be that comfortable for young babies (ie 6 months). They seemed to lack support for when the baby can't sit up straight any longer, difficult to get in & out of (until you & your baby gets the hang of it I think). However, now we couldn't be more pleased (@ 21 months) - I'm not sure when that transition occurred! Perhaps around 9 months old. They climb in themselves (hard to believe until you see it) and love to sit at the table with us. I love the idea that they will take their chair with them when they move out of home.

Very important though - the chairs come with a 'foot extender' of sorts - to stop the chair from tipping backwards once the baby starts to push off from the table. The chair will slide and not tip when this extender is fitted. It's a little ugly but I imagine we can remove it once the baby kit is removed from the chair.

Also - check your table height. Our table was too high, embarrassingly we had to get it lowered. Fortunately it was new from Tree & they did it at no cost.

Also, the cushion is a terrible waste of money. The seat cushion gets grotty very quickly, and it's a pain to remove. We use the back cushion because it's pretty (and expensive) but don't bother with the seat cushion anymore.

The Stokke trays are also expensive (sigh, isn't it all) but we got them and they've been very good. It means the kids can eat off the tray without too much stress if they want to, spill a bit of water, tomato sauce, whatever if they want to & it's easy peasy to clean up & doesn't hurt the table. (It sounds like a free for all at dinner, doesn't it, but I really think that because they eat with us, they copy how we eat a lot & it's not tooooo bad)

Having eaten at some restaurants, there is an Ikea chair - don't know what it's called but it's white & has no tray either & the kids love that one too!

I would totally recommend the Tripp Trapp - for about 9 months onwards. If you can borrow or get a different second hand chair for a couple of months until then - that's what I would do.

gduck is offline Registered User
    Ps We brought ours back from the UK - 1/2 the price of HK & they flat pack very nicely

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    We have the trip trap and we love it! We still use it and No. 1 is 4 years old! Definitely resilient - no mold/mildew to date and has never once fallen over unless my little man was monkeying with it!
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

cwbmum is offline Registered User
    We use our tripp trapp chair, the kids love it. My son used it for 4 years and my daughter now uses it, for the last 3 years, we have had 7 years worth already, a really good buy.
    You can get different colours and different extras for it - you can get padding to make it more comfortable for younger babies and a tray etc, we just use ours pushed up against the dining table. Brilliant as it doesn't tip back or anything.
    We were thinking of getting another one as my son still sits on it when my daughter isn't around.

Flack is offline Registered User
    We have had one from when our baby was 5 months and it's great, we don't have a tray (pull it up to the table - have a cheap dining room table so don't worry about what the baby spills on it- even if I had a decent one I'd just use a mat rather than the tray to save room) but I got 2 cushion sets and interchange when it needs washing. Unlike gduck had no problems with it when our baby was under 9 months. Would definitely recommend it.

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    Likewise, we love the Tripp Trapp. We've got 2 and found it pretty easy from 6mths onwards with each child.

We always have our boys pulled up to the table - have to admit, the table has suffered some damage (we use place mats, but they've still somehow managed to scar the table with their plastic cutlery!)

We used the straps and bar until about 18mths, then just the bar, then at 2.5yrs removed the bar altogether as they wanted to climb in and out and it made it more dangerous climbing over the bar, in my opinion.

I agree that the cushion is annoying to remove, but we still use them - only wash them about once a week (it's only annoying when you use the bar as well - a silly design means you have to remove the bar to remove the cushion). I have to say, the cushions wash amazingly well. After 4 years, my elder son's corduroy cushion looks spotlessly clean. And my 2 yr old's cream/beige cotton cushion also looks good as new.

I like the fact the chairs grow with the child - so by adjusting the seat and the foot rest, you've got a chair that will allow your child to sit comfortably at the table until probably aged 8-10 (depending on height of child).

I've even been to dinner parties where the hosts use Tripp Trapps as extra chairs for adults. They are very sturdily designed!

piper is offline Registered User
    I love ours. Highly recommend the tray...no spills and cute table mats to change as baby grows.

Would definitely recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast