Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morning sickness after 12 weeks

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Morning sickness after 12 weeks

Hi, is it possible to start getting morning sickness after 3 months? I was not sick at all during the first three months but now I am 13 weeks and I have been feeling really quite sick for 5 days or so now. I know it is not common, but is it possible or is there likely something else wrong? I have no other symptoms...

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    my morning sickness stopped after 3 months. but my friend's started after 3 months and throughout the pregnancy. her doc checked said it was normal. ask your doc perhaps?

AmyH is offline Registered User
    On my first child my morning sickness started at week 15 and continued right up until my son was born at 28 weeks. I ended up being hospitalised three times due to dehydration as even fluids would not stay down.

On my second child it started at week 8 and ended at week 12 so I was luckier second time round.

It is not pleasant and I don't know why they call it morning sickness because I was sick morning, noon and night throughout...

plain dry crackers first thing in the morning (before you even get out of bed) was recommended by my doctor for me and it did help a little, especially if you have to get up early for work.

Hope it gets better for you very soon.

janehk is offline Registered User
    My morning sickness was at its worst around 12-14 weeks (I only had nausea before then), so it may be that you are going through the same thing... Mine stopped almost completely at 16 weeks though unless I let my stomach get too empty. I found that ginger tea was an absolute lifesaver as I found the plain dry cracks too hard to get down.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    For my second bub, who I am carrying now, I was really sick between weeks 8 and 13...though it started getting better after week 13, I was still a little sick until at least week 15 or 16. So I would hang in there for a few more weeks! I totally understand how miserable it is....

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    Unfortunately yes...I had very bad morning (all-day!) sickness from 6-36 weeks. I felt like i had a bad hangover and food poisoning, and at one stage I couldn't even hold down water. I found that acupuncture and homeopathic medicine helped. My son is now 18 months and I'm very reluctant for try for number 2.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Damn. Everything I had read suggested the worst is typically over by the end of the first trimester. I thought I had been really lucky and didn't have to go through it at all. It isn't going away though. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't last the whole pregnancy...

Lali07 is offline Registered User

Boo to morning sickness :(

Hi Liquorice,

I really feel for you, its not a nice feeling is it?

I was very sick from 5-18 weeks, with regular vomiting. I'm over 19 weeks now, thankfully I'm not really vomiting anymore, but I still feel quite nauseous.

Lots of mums-to-be feel sick in the second trimester, and some unlucky ones in the third trimester.

I hope it eases up for you!

Lali :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast