Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Yong family moving to HK

geoyoungdaddy is offline Registered User
    TTong! Thank you for the kindergarten information! As we will be moving in October-November, I guess all the kindergartens will be full by that time... I'll see if I can book it anyhow. How about the flats in Verde? What is the price for 1300 sq.f. (120-130 m2) ?

Thankee

TTong is offline Registered User
    Sorry for not responding sooner ?????????? I am a typical woman...husband sorts that! lol I'll find out and get back to you.

BabyG is offline Registered User
    I'm staying in a 1,300 sqft flat in Laguna Verde and it costs 26,000.00. I am not sure if the prices have gone up though.

Finally remembered to do this. We are in Laguna Verde in a 3 bedroom 600sqft apt and its $ 13,500 monthly..Its ample space for us!

carang is offline Registered User
    can't imagine how they squeeze 3 bedrooms into 600'!!! i know, i used to live in hk flats... i know, i'm now miles from everything... but we pay $16,800 and have 2100', 5 bedrooms, 4 baths.... i DO NOT want to ever live in the small flats again! i am quite happy putting up with the commute in order to be able to afford the extra space!

Sorry we have 2 bedrooms..lol typing error...................we were used to a much larger place when we lived in Kuwait and UK but really there is only so much space you need to live in. So far it suits us but I know if we wanted more children we would HAVE to move.

temajie is offline Registered User
    Cara, when you decided to live far away from the city center in exchange for some space at a better price, did you add the cost of a car (car+gas+parking) and still came to the conclusion it was not only the right choice for a better quality of life (I mean it is important to feel good in one's own home) but also the cheaper solution? Thanks for your feedback.

carang is offline Registered User
    YES! don't get me wrong, there are times i wish we lived a little closer to town, but all in all, we are quite happy here we are.

we did factor in costs of a car, but you can get 2nd hand cars quite cheaply. (we just got a 1995 toyota corolla for $9800). we have free parking at home (2 car parks) and you quickly learn which shopping centres have free parking if you spend $X. i virtually never pay for parking in sai kung town or anywhere else for that matter.

i drive a lot and i put $ 500ish petrol/gas in once per week.

not only that, but as many mother's will attest, public transport in hk is fantastic...BUT when you are trying to do it with small kids it can be a bit of a pain.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast