Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Toddlers and Jet Lag

carey is offline Registered User
    wow, we would have to expect and endure 2 weeks of crying and protesting then.

We are going to Europe at the end of this month and he will be 13 month old. I am dreading about the flight because he did not sleep in the last one, only 3 hours, we took. This one is going to be almost 4 times longer. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Now it looks like re-entry sleep is going to be tough too. I This makes me looks less forward to our trip. :( Especially when he is never a good sleeper.

Please keep your advice coming.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    a huge part of getting over jetlag is hydration. i always make sure my son who is now 29 months drinks tons of water/liquid on the flight even if that means i have to take double the diapers.

we just flew from singapore to nyc 19+ hour flight, 12 hour time difference and my son got over his jetlag in 8 days. we managed his jetlag as such:
    night #1: sleep at 11pm and woke up at 4am, fed him a hearty meal then back to sleep at 6am.
    night #2: sleep at 10pm, woke up at 3am, fed him a dinner-like meal, back to sleep at 5am and woke up at 7:30am
    night #3: sleep at 9:30pm, woke up at 3am, fed him a breakfast-type meal then sleep at 4:30am and up at 7am
    night #4: sleep at 9pm, woke up at 4, only gave water and back to sleep 9am for a nap etc....
    you get the picture. he had 2 naps (40 min nap, then 2.5 hours in the afternoon) a day for the first 7 days, the phased it out and is now back on schedule as if were singapore. this is our 4th trip with him home and this is the fastest he's ever gotten over it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12