Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help on pre-nursery

ttyyan is offline Registered User

Help on pre-nursery

We'll move from NY to HK at the end of July. Our daughter will be 2.5 year old by then, she goes to a montessori school full time, 5 days a week. Does anybody have suggustions as to montessori schools for her age? How about traditional and/or local schools? I saw some schools are IB, what is that? We'll probably settle down close to Central. How about suggestions for playgroups during summer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

TTong is offline Registered User

We just moved here in May from UK. Geobaby has a list of most and I just went through them. I didn't check at central (we live in Hung Hom) There are a few Montessori schools and kindergartens etc.Good Luck

ttyyan is offline Registered User

Thanks, TTong. I saw the list, and tried to make arrangements for school tours. A few of them stopped offerring tours until september. Sigh.

joannelau is offline Registered User

Hey there ttyyan,

There are a few different types of kindergartens in Hong Kong. There are local ones with minimal English, bilingual ones with a full-time English teacher as well as a full-time Chinese teacher, and international English immersion ones. I suggest you consider a bilingual or international school as local schools usually has English lessons once or a few times a week, so that may not be what you want for your daughter.

I personally work at a bilingual kindergarten as a native English teacher in a Pre-Nursery class, and I have quite a few children who are mostly English and spoke little Chinese to begin with. Young children adapt quickly, so I'm sure your daughter will love whatever school you end up choosing for her :)

reei is offline Registered User

kate's kids?

Quote Originally Posted by ttyyan View Post
    How about suggestions for playgroups during summer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
    check out kate's kids at central.
    tel: 2518 4840