Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Same Old Question about Formula

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

Same Old Question about Formula

my bubba is turning 1 in less than 2 weeks and he has been on NAN HA since i restarted work. i went to mannings and watsons just now and they do not have NAN HA 3 in stock which is their everyday story! i thought to change it to Enfagrow and that's out of stock so i chose Snow Brand coz of the higher calcium in it (my bubba got only 4 teeth till now while most babies have more than 4 at this age...i know i know! all kids grow up differently but i'd like to have more calcium on his diet) and yes! that's out of stock too so i turned towards the can of Friso 3 and......!!!!

i guess most moms stock up their formula and i should learn by this experience but i wanted to ask which formula do you all use which is "in stock" MOST of the times? shall i keep on feeding him NAN HA 2 even though he should be starting on NAN HA 3 when he reaches 1 (but the out-of-stock sticker is making it hard for us!)? what's the alternative when you find yourself in the same boat as me? :gmilk

AmyH is offline Registered User
    I was going to suggest park n shop and ordering on line but before I did I decided to check and like with mannings and watsons, they too are our of stock on NAN HA 3.

With my son (who is now 5) we stopped using formula at one year old and went straight to milk.

My suggestion would be to maybe start him on the high calcium milk (i think there is an australian on that I have seen in the supermarket).

Good luck with whatever you choose.

StareBear is offline Registered User
    I would agree with AmyH. Start on the cows milk and forget about the formula after his birthday

zyxwv is offline Registered User
    I just had NanHA 3 delivered from PnS tonight. They were out of stock as well but seem to have a new shipment.

If your child will go straight to cows milk, that's great. For us, I decided that I wasn't going to put it in a bottle so the transition was a bit slower. Since he was 15 months (now 17 months), I've been giving my son milk out of a straw cup during the day with one bottle of formula at night before bed.

carey is offline Registered User
    wow, good that I see this thread. My one year old is also on NaN ha 3. I only have a few cans at home and I should look into ordering it then. I went to serveral stores to get all the cans I need the last time.

I thought most Mainland mothers were using medijohnson A+. And that was why it was hard to get. But now it looks like many other brands are short too.

thanks ladies! carey - now i know where those cans of Nan Ha 3 went!!

i didn't have enough time to do research on cow's milk so i ended up buying Nestle Excel from watsons earlier today. let's see how he does on it.

...and he didn't drink it!

is it ok just to keep him on NAN HA 2 since NAN HA 3 is difficult to find?

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Actually, my 14.5 month old is still drinking Nan Ha 2. I asked my pediatrician when my son turned one if I should change to Nan 3 and she said no need - don't think she explained to me why, but I will ask her when we see her next week for a vaccination why he shouldn't be on Nan 3. But just as well since you are saying that Nan 3 is hard to get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast