Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do I need a stroller for two kids?

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Do I need a stroller for two kids?

I'm pregnant with my second who will be born when my first is only 18 months. I was wondering for moms with kids whose ages are relatively close together like mine, did you buy a second stroller or buy one that can seat two kids? We obviously have one stroller now that we have used with our toddler since birth (it has an infant seat and a toddler seat), but am wondering if I need to buy another one....any advice would be great. Thanks!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    my boys are 16mths apart, when the 2nd was born i found it easiest to wear the little one and stroller the older one. when the little one got too heavy (around 6 or 7mths), then we started using the phil and teds double stroller which was really good for us, especially for travel - we still use it and our boys are 2yrs and 3.5yrs now. But it really depends where you live and how you get around (by car, taxi, public transport) bc it's really heavy and pain to collapse if you are alone with 2 kids...better now that they are older but when the little one is unable to stand and you have a toddler, I found the phil and teds hard to use but loved it more as the kids got older.

we ended up buying a car when the 2nd was about 1yrs old because we moved away from the city/midlevels and taking the minibus/taxi with 2 toddlers and a stroller was incredibly difficult for me...

good luck!!! : )

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    MilkMonster - Thanks for your response - did you buy the Phil and Ted's where one sits on top and one on the bottom (the one at Mothercare)? We have a car and live in the Mid-levels. Our stroller now, the orbit is big and heavy too, so I have no worries about getting another big and heavy stroller. However, my husband keeps saying that the phil and teds is even bigger than the orbit (longer I think he said) and we were worried about whether or not it would fit in elevators since some elevators in HK are really small. Have you had problems with fitting the phil and ted's?

mosmom is offline Registered User
    FutureHKmom
    I have this one: babydaze - Distributor of the Marco Sky L Tandem Stroller - marco sky l (different colour). I was very happy to have it, as my two are only 20 months apart. It fits into all HK lifts and I find it easy to manage. Now, we use it very rarely, as my kids are older and prefer to walk. If you're interested, pls PM me.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Might want to begin by slinging one and strolling the other. That is/was our solution (two years between babies). Single strollers are hard enough here, unless you do most all of your travel by private car.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    I found the p&t good for grocery shopping and getting around outdoors or in the malls. I haven't encountered an elevator I couldn't get into (yet)!! I guess it all depends on where you go out?

geomum is offline Registered User
    My kids are 2 year apart, I use Peg Perego for our 4 month old son and Mclaren for 2.3 year old daughter.
    The baby is usually in the Peg Perego, carry Baby Bijorn for places I can't use Peg Perego so I fold that and carry it in my hand. My daughter is in the Mclaren, when she wants to walk I just fold the Mclaren and hang it on my shoulder or use to carry stuff. When we are out longer and my daughter is sleepy we lay her down in the Peg Perego and put our son in the Baby Bijorn. Use different combinations depending on where we are going :)

cybabe is offline Registered User
    I did not get second stroller , my kids are 2 years apart , and we live in a village house so this is very difficult to have a 2 seats heavy stroller to run around with. If we need to take 2 kids out my girl she can walk and I just use stroller to put my younger one in but if we need to go far we drive instead. Most of the 2 seats stroller are very heavy also here ( HK) is not a baby friendly place , its really difficult to carry such a big stroller :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast