Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vaginitis

catty is offline Registered User

vaginitis

i've been hit by vaginal infection two months in a row. each time it started a few days before the period. last month it came for the first time in my life, and it took me a few days to figure out what happened. then i went to a general doctor who gave me some clotrimazole. it worked after use for 6 days. i thought the problem's gone forever. but no. . . it's back now. after doing some research online i realized this disease is prone to recurrence, esp. before the menstrual period each month. how annoying!

i'm wondering if i should go to see a OB this time around. do they give some better treatment to stop the problem completely? can someone with experience recommend a doctor? really want to put this to a stop.

thanks a lot!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Hi Catty,

I've had the same annoying problem since about the time when my son was 1-year-old (he's 2 1/2 now). My experience is that the OB might be more thorough in their exam and what you're dealing with might be a combination infection--which isn't necessarily just yeast--it could also be bacterial. So, the OB will be able to tell you exactly what organism is bothering you. However, a lot of the time they will prescribe antibiotics which will make the situation worse in the long-run because they will throw off your entire system and make you more prone to yeast infections and then it will really become a vicious cycle. Also some bacteria can become resistant to meds so that can be a problem too.

One of the reasons why we are prone to yeast infections is because our body Ph is off balance. This can be exacerbated by a diet with sugar and carbs in it and yeast love sugar and carbs to feed growth. The hormone shift before our periods also changes body Ph and makes it easier for yeast to grow. So, I suggest that you go on an anti-candida diet such as The Body Ecology Diet. You can take meds forever and a day (I took them for 6 months straight and had to keep going back to the OB before I decided to "heal myself") and it literally can make the situation much, much worse.

I hope that things get straightened out for you--it's not a pleasant problem, I know.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Hi Catty,

I used to have another female problem but not vaginitis, it's recurrent as well even if i took medication. Anyways, i change my sanitary napkin to ANION - it apparently has negative ion. It has been proven in numerous scientific studies to protect against genital diseases, eliminating harmful bacteria, odor, enhance comfort and improve your health. Use it for a few months and see the difference. Just google anion sanitary napkin (love moon)

I know where to get it here in HK, let me know if you are interested to give it a try.

P.S. this is not my business, i'm just a user and believer of this product.

catty is offline Registered User
    Thank you both for your kind replies!

Thanka, I've checked the website you provided and some others. I'm actually on a low-carb diet already, since I was diagnosed with PCOS four years ago. I think the PH imbalance could be the key problem for me. Anyway, I'm going to start with eating a lot of yogurt and some garlic capsules first and see if it works.

Yes crystal, pls let me know where I can get the anion pads.

Thanks again

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Try supplementing with probiotics and eating yogurt and stay away from breads and sugars!

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Catty

I had this problem. I didn't see a doctor as experience has taught me that meds simply solve the problem temporarily.

I just included two basic changes to my lifestyle:

(1) I drink lots of cranberry juice
    (2) I changed my shower gel/wash for my privates. A correct PH balanced one specially for your private areas.
    (3) Changed my sanitary needs brand.
    (4) Wore only breathable organic cotton underwear.

Now, it's "normalised" and became a non-issue.
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by catty View Post
    Thank you both for your kind replies!

Thanka, I've checked the website you provided and some others. I'm actually on a low-carb diet already, since I was diagnosed with PCOS four years ago. I think the PH imbalance could be the key problem for me. Anyway, I'm going to start with eating a lot of yogurt and some garlic capsules first and see if it works.

Yes crystal, pls let me know where I can get the anion pads.

Thanks again
    Hi Catty,

Yogurt actually has lactose in it which is milk sugar and if you have serious issues with yeast, it's good to go dairy-free as well. It's not just eating low-carb, it's eliminating all sugars and eating the right things to balance your pH. Also, dairy is mucous-forming which can create issues as well when you have yeast problems. Garlic is always a good way to go.

Instead of yogurt, try homemade fermented vegetables (think saurkraut, kimchi and winter cabbage) which have beneficial bacteria but don't have the sugar in it. I'll PM you my "survival kit" list for when I deal with these issues.

Also, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar in water can do a great job of rebalancing things. The brand that is most often available in HK is Bragg's but you can also find Eden here as well.

-T2

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    I also had this problem, but for a whole year!!! It was after my 2nd son's birth. I ended up having low estrogen levels post pregnancy and did estrogen therapy which cleared up the problem almost immediately. My first dr. just kept me on antibiotics for 7mths and I was miserable. I would suggest getting a second opinion if your current Dr. only suggests antibiotics. Like another poster mentioned, it throws your entire system off and makes you even more susceptible to another/recurrent infections. for me, because the cause was low estrogen, probiotics and diet change didn't help at all.

I saw a female Dr. from Lauren Bramely's clinic but I'm sorry, I have since switched to Dr. Doo and can't remember the other Dr.'s name - I only saw her once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top