Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Father's Day Suggestions?

ssheng is offline Registered User

Father's Day Suggestions?

It's our first Father's Day this coming Sunday, and I really dropped the ball because I didn't leave myself any time. Any good suggestions for presents I could procure in a couple days? (Wed is public holiday so I can't shop that day!) Our baby is almost 5 months now, and he planned a sweet Mother's Day for me. :) Thanks!

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

How about a Daddy/Baby book? Your baby is obviously too little for 'reading' but your husband might appreciate something like "Daddy Hugs" by Karen Katz. Or there are black/white books which your baby can look at with Daddy - I think called "Daddy & Me". Have a look in Dymocks/Bookazine or the online shop on this website.

Also check out somewhere like Mothercare for "I love Daddy" bibs or babygros.

Or a nice framed pic of baby for Daddy's desk.

Plus arrange so he has a lie-in and nice breakfast when he gets up on Sunday. Always appreciated.

Hope that helps.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User

SSheng

When my pre-schooler was 2, he did a handprint paperweight for his dad. He loves that the most and is very proud of it.

In general, his dad prefers a home-made gift. So we're off to Ikea to buy cheap frames and some little itty bitty knick knacks to decorate it for dad this year.

Cheers!
    QM

“If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

ssheng is offline Registered User

Ah thanks so much - excellent suggestions. The book will be a great idea as we have exhausted our current reading selection. And definitely will go with something homemade as soon as our daughter can handle it...right now she could probably do the footprint or handprint casting, but again, I didn't give myself enough time! :)

yvonnemommy is offline Registered User

Great idears! This Father's Day, my daughter and I prepared a cute cute tie. DD is 8 now and she went shopping with me. He liked it very much.:D