Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Placenta encapsulation

footprints is offline Registered User

Placenta encapsulation

Hello!

Have anyone heard of placenta encapsulation? It is to use your own placenta and make it into powder form for using during immediate postpartum and/or menopause periods. Then you may encapsulate it if you prefer.

The benefits for postpartum use:
    1) Ensure plentiful milk supply
    2) Increase maternal energy level
    3) Prevent postpartum depression
    4) Improve recovery time

Make sure you ask for your placenta ahead of time and insist you want it back. It belongs to you!

If you'd like a free recipe, I would be happy to share. Please email me your email address.
    Last edited by footprints; 06-17-2010 at 08:34 AM.

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    Yummy!

But I think I'll pass.

;-)

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    I don't think you're allowed to take your own placenta in HK (can't imagine who would want to).....it's considered medical waste, isn't it?

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    I think you can buy dried placenta on Chinese pharmacies, but from some animal (i think from goat)... Don't think eating human placenta is common in HK...

NaturalBaby is offline Registered User
    I remember that my dad purchased some placenta pills (胎盤丸) in bottles from Yue Hwa (裕華国貨) 20 years ago. Not sure if they still sell it. Can't remember if it was made from human or animal placenta.

Sure the hospitals treat it as a medical waste. Sometimes they need some sample from it, but it only takes a tiny portion. In US, you have to ask in advance, insist, and be confident and self-responsible to make sure they give you back your placenta. After all, it comes from your body, so it belongs to you. You can ask for your tooth back at the dentist after the dentist pulls it out, right? Same logic.

I believe in nature knows the best. Many animals eat their own placenta after their babies are born. I've seen my cat and my dog did that. Placenta is full of nutrients. If you can manage, eat a tiny piece raw for the first week three times a day. Then make the rest into dry powder. (Prepackage the tiny pieces individually and keep in the freezer. If you don't do something with it within the first 72 hours, you must bag it in two zip log bags and freeze it.)

Your placenta contains a lot of the Cordical Releasing Hormone (CRH). This hormone effects your mood, and it takes your body quite a while to build up. Once your placenta leaves your body, the drop of this hormone is dramatic. This is one reason many women have postpartum depression, which is different from baby blues. Baby blues lasts only a few weeks.

Placenta has many benefits. As for postpartum use, benefits include:
    1) Ensure plentiful milk supply
    2) Increase maternal energy level
    3) Prevent postpartum depression
    4) Improve recovery time

If you don't finish it during postpartum, safe it and use it during menopause. I've even heard that the placenta of a male baby can benefit men.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    i know this is an older thread, but does anyone have contact info or referral for placenta encapsulation service in hk if it is done at all?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    HK treats your placenta as medical waste and you are not allowed to take it with you (even though it is theoretically yours) due to hygiene reasons or something along those lines...forgot exactly what it was - but i'm sure 100% you're not allowed to keep it.