Any experience with chinese medium??
- 07-07-2010, 04:24 PM #25
thanks, that further reinforces that i would feel so much better if we had a helper and especially when baby starts school!
- 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM #26
we couldn't get by without our helper right now. we actually now have her husband working for us, too. but he helps my husband more and their duties are totally different.
i work so much that i cannot do it all myself. it is impossible. i know, i tried last year for a month when she was in PH. i ended up having to cancel classes for that month as i couldn't take my daughter to school without having my helper at home to care for her. there is no way my girl could have lasted from 9-4 at my school without having a meltdown or two, and that is not fair for other parents who bring their children so i can play with THEM....
- 07-09-2010, 11:38 PM #27Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
- 07-10-2010, 11:59 AM #28Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Yau Ma Tei
Thanks Flobash! Please keep me updated :)
I'm still not sure. I guess we have a lot of time. He's only 10 months old now. I also am worried about not being able to help with homework and not being able to be a part of his education. I'm starting to wonder if in the long run it would be more beneficial for him to learn at an english school because most of the universities seem to teach in English anyway. There would be no back up of cantonese at home. Neither of us speak it. Want to learn it but I need to be realistic... We don't have a helper. I'm wondering if it's going to be too stressful for him if we hire a tutor. I'm not a big fan of kids not being allowed to be kids and doing too much study from a young age. Arrghh! So much to consider! I appreciate everyone's opinions.
- By fame in forum EducationReplies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2010, 11:17 PM
- By svasbt in forum Everything ElseReplies: 7Last Post: 08-25-2008, 03:04 PM
- By Twinsmammie in forum EducationReplies: 4Last Post: 08-22-2008, 12:37 AM
- By Lil Sa in forum EducationReplies: 2Last Post: 08-08-2008, 06:33 PM
- By snowball in forum EducationReplies: 5Last Post: 05-21-2006, 01:45 PM