Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not lying on your back after 16 weeks

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    The best position I found is on the side rolled in my maternity/BF cushion (the big soft ones), it releases some pressure from the back as you can keep it straight.
    Good luck !

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Thanks. I feel fine sleeping on my back at the moment so will not worry about it. Will wait until I get a bit bigger....and enjoy the fact that sleep is still comfortable and easy for me, for the time being anyway!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Just wondering, excuse me for how this sounds, but is your body naturally big? Is that why you are not showing? If so, I might pay a bit attention to starting not to sleep on your back as your baby still might be big enough to be putting some pressure on your veins. I never felt faint or anything til I was really huge but I stopped long before that.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi Shenzhennifer, no I'm not very big, though a little fatter right now! From what I have read and other people's posts I thought many people didn't really show until later, especially with a first pregnancy. I am 15.5 weeks. Do you think this is strange?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Well, if you`re not big already, and the docs say everything is ok with the baby size-wise, I would just count your blessings. With my son I showed at like 6-8 weeks(I was thin then), and now I`m not even 7 weeks and I`m already showing a bit(less thin but not fat). It`s not nice. My friend didn`t start showing till she was about 5 months nearly.
    I say as long as the Dr is happy with the growth of your baby, you don`t need to worry. And hey, look at the bright side, you can really go on an eating binge if you want!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12