Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cleansing liquid for baths & diapers for newborns

paulucj is offline Registered User

Cleansing liquid for baths & diapers for newborns

I have read previous threads on cleansing liquid for baths & diapers for newborns. However, I would like to know what are the most popular brands used by newborns these days. My are expecting our first child in August. Also, it will be great if you could let me know where I can get the best price for these items. Thanks.

geomum is offline Registered User
    We used Pampers swaddlers for our babies when they were born. Try Parknshop or Wellcome for best prices on daipers. Haven't heard of any store offering discounts on bulk buys although I wish it were the case.
    By cleansing liquid I assume you mean body/ hair wash, so it depends which brand you would be using, B2B, Eugene and 360 carry many different brands but slightly on the expensive side. For more generic brands like J&J try Parknshop or Wellcome.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    For soap, I used J&J Top to Toe. It lasted forever, has a light scent is seemed to be gentle enough on our son.
    For diapers, when I was feeling extravagant, I used Pampers Swaddlers. Otherwise just normal Pampers. I would 100% recommend getting the diapers from a local pharmacy. It`s SO much cheaper.

sharrie_t is offline Registered User
    You probably need to try a few brands for baths to suit your baby's skin. I started off with J&J top to toe but she broke out in rashes. Then got organic bath which agreed with her skin. She's 2.5 now and using QV skincare. You can look around for QV kids if they sell them here.

For diapers, Pampers are the best as they're breathable and soft. Not thick for absorbency like many asian diapers. Watson's having some promo right now.

shuchisingh is offline Registered User
    diapers: pampers premium (not the ones made in china)
    soap/shampoo: mustella for infants. but my son had eczema so we had to move to oillatum only.

comfy is offline Registered User
    We used J&J Top-to-Toe for a couple of weeks with our newborn, but found it did not help his slightly dry skin and increasingly visible cradle cap (+ itchiness), so through reading one or two past recommendations here on Geobaby, we bought and tried Mustela "Dermo-Cleansing - Cleansing Gel for Hair & Body - Newborn / Baby".

After just using it several times, the scaly scalp and dandruff signs as well as the especially dry thigh + leg problems disappeared. And with continued use, so far, no cradle cap scales on his head as all. BTW, Mustela products are pretty expensive, no doubt about that, but the bottle lasts for AGES. Just a tiny drop of gel for head, and squirts on your palm maybe up to 3 times, to lather up and massage onto baby's bod.

As Shenzhennifer's already mentioned, best to buy this and other baby stuff from local pharmacies (which sell diapers, milk formula, toiletries and other household stuff, amongst jars and bags of Chinese herbs etc), rather than from the likes of B2B, which have much larger mark ups. From our neighbourhood pharmacy, Dermo-Cleansing (500ml) costs HK$136. The only down-side, other from the price (!) is its fragrance, which, while pleasant enough and not hard to get used to, is a touch TOO strong.
    Last edited by comfy; 06-22-2010 at 12:19 AM.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Oilatum for us as well, basically anything soap free. moved to QV wash for kids which is a fun colour. I buy these from a local pharmacy at a much cheaper price.

Huggies diapers also from the local pharmacy. (in the early days used UK produced Huggies super dry at night, only available at B2B's - costly but very good)

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    For diapers, the best thing you can do right now is to go and register on the Pampers and Huggies websites. They will then send you some coupon, and you can try both brands and see which suit your baby better. Buying the diapers at local pharmacy is usually cheaper than from Manning or Watsons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast