Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prefolds and cloth diapers

1sttimemom is offline Registered User

Prefolds and cloth diapers

I am looking to get some prefolds for my newborn, as I begin to venture into the world of cloth diapers :)

Could anybody recommend the best place to get reasonably priced, good quality prefolds?! I am on the Kowloon side. Thanks!

Also, in my search for the most recommended brand of cloth diapers, Bumwear and FuzziBunz has some pretty good reviews ...

Would love to hear about anybody's experience with these two brands..

Furthermore, does anyone know if Bumwear available in HK?

Thanks!

lalligirl is offline Registered User

hi 1sttimemom,
    i use baby beehinds and have been really happy with them. having said that, i bought them in australia. Home - Baby BeeHinds - Nappies, Diapers, Cloth, Organic, Baby, Bamboo - Baby BeeHinds
    they may ship to hk, but i don't know how expensive that would be.
    i have a friend who uses fuzzibunz and she's happy with them. they seem to be quite similar to the beehinds 'magic-alls' (all in ones) which are good, but not as absorbent as the one size fits most (which need a liner and a cover). i know fuzzibunz are available at 360 in central, so that's probably a lot more convenient than the baby beehinds.
    hope that helps a bit.

Hi Lalligirl,

Thanks for the information! I've heard good things about Fuzzibunz and will look into Baby Beehinds (love the name).

Have you used prefolds? ... trying to figure out what I should start with for my newborn! As I've heard they need 10-12 changes/day... figure prefolds may be more cost effective for a start!

thanks again

lalligirl is offline Registered User

yeah - they're all prefolds, with either press-studs or velcro to do them up. super easy! the one size fits most are slightly 'trickier' as they need a liner & a cover, but they are really cost effective as you just change the size by folding them over once to make them smaller. there are also a variety of press studs to choose from to make them looser or tighter. i've been using the same nappies since she was born (19mths).
    as far as i know, the fuzzibunz only have the all in ones, which are even easier to use, but may require you to buy different sizes. i'm not entirely sure, though.
    hope you find some you like.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I recommend the Bum Genius reuseable nappies. Not sure if you can buy in HK but can have a look at the site below:

bumGenius cloth diapers by Cotton Babies

I chose these ones because they are one size adjustable (so you don't have to buy full sets in various different sizes as you have to for some brands). And they have less "moving parts" - only the outer and a washable pad to insert (some brands have 3 pieces which all too hard!)

Our son is 2.3 years and still using the same Bum Genius nappies we bought when he was 6 weeks old!

Thank you for the feedback! Will take a look at Bum Genius for sure.

I did find out from a friend that inexpensive prefolds are easily found on FaYuen Street in Prince Edward.

banane76 is offline Registered User

Hi! We love our fuzzibunz! We got ours from the states, but right now, they're on sale on the BABY CENTRAL website and they deliver in HK/Kowloon. Baby Central - Hong Kong online baby shop We've ordered various things from there and I think their service is pretty good. We used the bambino mio when my baby was newborn and it was fine, but fuzzibunz are sooooo easy. We thought about bumgenius but I worried about the velcro wearing out. We started with the perfect size, but I ended up ordering more of the one size where you can adjust the elastic in the legs and waist, my baby's legs got a bit chubby for the smalls fairly quickly!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

banane - interesting you say about the Bum Genius velcro as by the time he was 2, and we had been using them almost exclusively for 2 years, we needed to have the velcro replaced on most of them as no longer sticky enough. I just took them up to Shenzhen and had the velcro changed by the tailor I use there and was inexpensive. Now they may even be used for baby #2 when we finally get around to toilet training our 2.3 year old ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast