opinions on Jet Star Airways?
- 06-22-2010, 04:44 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
- Hong Kong
I just flew Jetstar for a weekend trip from HK to Singapore. For our return flight, they only had one check-in counter open at the Sing airport, and the line of people waiting to check-in snaked around the concourse. Eventually, a Jetstar representative told half of the line to move over to a new counter as it would be opening soon. About 50 of us moved over and waited 20 minutes, but the counter never opened. Two fist fights almost broke out between people in line who were losing their patience! They never did open that other counter, and we all had to move back over to our original line.
Jetstar weighs your carry-on baggage before going through the deportation counter to make sure it is below 5kg. I had 10kg and had to throw out 5kg worth of books.
If you can afford to pay more for a better airline, then definitely do so. I
- 06-22-2010, 09:36 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2008
we flew jetstar twice. the first we travelled with a 18 month old toddler. it was terrible. the space in between seats were small and with him sitting on our laps, he could not stop wriggling out. shortly after the take off, he started to scream non stop. throughout the flight. totally inconsolable. on our way back to hk, it was much better. a kind soul gave up his seat next to us, so that he would not be disturbed. our tod ended up much happier with more space.
the 2nd experience was when he was 2 years old. had a seat to himself, happy camper.
the down part was transferring from airport to the plane, where we had to take the bus to get up the plane. it was crowded and the wait is long. and while alighting, i have no idea what the rush is, but we were pushed and elbowed all the time.
we never did take jetstar again. UA costs slightly more, but so much more organised and comfortable.
- 06-23-2010, 09:06 AM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
- Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
Wow, thanks for all the feedback. I will take it under consideration.All the best,
- By cyberfish88 in forum Baby TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 05-18-2009, 09:46 PM
- By LittlePumpkins in forum Everything ElseReplies: 0Last Post: 12-22-2007, 08:42 AM
- By KatBoo in forum News and IssuesReplies: 6Last Post: 10-11-2007, 03:15 PM
- By BouBou in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 06-21-2006, 11:37 AM
- By ZoeG in forum Everything ElseReplies: 5Last Post: 02-22-2006, 08:04 PM