Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

opinions on Jet Star Airways?

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong

opinions on Jet Star Airways?

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has used Jet Star Airways? It's a budget airline run by Qantas. I'm thinking of using them this summer, but want to make sure they are reputable and good. Has anyone used them? What are your opinions? Do they serve meals or snacks? Are there fees for luggage? Have you had any problems with them? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks so much
    All the best,

flobash is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    i did - i flew to singapore with my little son who was just 6 months old and my husband wasn't with us . I thought they were really super. they don't have baby bassinets and you have to pay extra for the bulk head seat, but actually, on the way back from Sing, the desk assistants just gave it to us for free (and i didn't ask) i would absolutely fly them again - but you cant check in on line. good luck !

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    I've flown with them on domestic flights within Australia. They are a no frills airline so you have to pay for drinks and snacks. And also its pay for view TV/movie entertainment, although I'm sure if thats the case on their international routes.They do offer some incredible deals but the alot of the cheaper flights are for hand luggage only, so you do need to look out for that. They aren't as spacious as other airlines but otherwise I've had no issues with them.

1stimemum is offline Registered User
    bel air
    i have but my experience wasnt as good. They are definitely no frills so you do have to pay for everything. Drinks, blankets, movies etc....and DEFINITELY watch out for baggage allowance. WIth a baby, you have so many things to carry, the extras might add up.

I flew w/o kids back then but my extra luggage on the way back added up to at least USD$150 if i remember correctly, maybe more

baffelly is offline Registered User
    I think their service is ok for a budget airline. We paid extra for seats in front to avoid any stress. Do pay for baggage when you buy the tickets otherwise it costs more at check in. No free food and drinks on board but not big deal for short flights. You might also want to put good locks and no valuable items in your checked bags. I've known people who got stuff stolen from checked bags with another budget airline in Thailand.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    I hated them. SUPER budget, even worse than Air Asia. And budget these days is not that cheap.
    TINY, cramped seats, you have to pay for everything, incl baggage. I actually got into an argument with the lead flight attendent about my baby and his seatbelt. She was extremely and publicly rude to me. I nearly lost it and attacked her, as I was already flustered being on a plane with an anxious baby.
    I will NEVER fly Jetstar again. It was to Singapore, btw. Longest flight of my life.

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    I am an Australian so have flown Jetstar numerous times both domestically and internationally. I have only ever had problems with them. Frankly, if you are only dealing with rude staff and paying for everything extra including additional luggage, food and drinks, then count your lucky stars. For me the biggest issues were with delays and cancellation of flights. They are renown in Australia for this. We haven't flown them now for around 2 years and after all our experiences will never ever fly again. I strongly recommend you going with another airline.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    To add on to what AussieMum said, they're also known for re-routing flights, for example there have been MANY occasions where a flight was meant to be something like Melbourne - Sydney (1 hour long), and they got re-routed through something like CAIRNS and the flight ended up taking something like 15 hours total... I've never flown them, but unless it was RIDICULOUSLY cheap I wouldn't. I'd rather pay a bit more and go with someone more reliable...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast