Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cantonese Playgroup for English Speakers - Gold Coast

flobash is offline Registered User

Cantonese Playgroup for English Speakers - Gold Coast

Hi,

I'm getting together a playgroup of no more than 8 babies to introduce them (and their mums) to Cantonese through fun activities like singing etc. At the moment it looks like it will be in the Gold Coast/Tuen Mun area.

I have found a really nice class leader and her English is near native. She is lively and fun and currently runs these sorts of playgroups in Sai Kung.

She will come over this way when i find another 4 people - we can run it on Saturday morning if that works better for working mums.

I'm very excited and am looking forward to picking up a bit of cantonese at the same time as my son !

Please let me know if you are interested,

Kate

change of venue, since we only have 2 people who want to do this in the Gold Coast we are changing the venue to central - anyone keen??

kindredspirit is offline Registered User
    Hi, I am keen. How old are your babies? My son is 17 months.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Darn, we would have been interested in Goldcoast - we live in Yuen Long. Keep us updated
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

bloominginHK is offline Registered User
    both locations are a bit far for me... but I actually live in Sai Kung. Would you mind passing me this teacher's name or contact info... would love to find where she does her classes here?

Thanks!

Hi Nashua , I still need a few more people before I can start so I'll let you know what happens , if you know of anyone else in the area who is interested then we might have enough to start in the gold coast

Exciting !!

pig0430 is offline Registered User
    Hi Flobash

I am interested the cantonese speaker playgroup, as I want my son can speak Cantonese as well. he is 14 months now, is he suit your group.
    we live close to Gold Coast, so Gold Coast area is good for us.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by flobash View Post
    Hi,

I'm getting together a playgroup of no more than 8 babies to introduce them (and their mums) to Cantonese through fun activities like singing etc. At the moment it looks like it will be in the Gold Coast/Tuen Mun area.

I have found a really nice class leader and her English is near native. She is lively and fun and currently runs these sorts of playgroups in Sai Kung.

She will come over this way when i find another 4 people - we can run it on Saturday morning if that works better for working mums.

I'm very excited and am looking forward to picking up a bit of cantonese at the same time as my son !

Please let me know if you are interested,

Kate

VLH
    VLH is offline Registered User
    Hi Kate,
    My son is a bit young but your class sounds ideal for my situation. My husband is a native Cantonese speaker but I, unfortunately, am not. My son is only 5 1/2 months old but I would be very interested in joining your group (if it is held in Central) if you plan on having it as an on going thing. Please let me know. It's a great idea!!

Vickie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast