Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is flying too uncomfortable at 30 weeks?

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Is flying too uncomfortable at 30 weeks?

Planning a last holiday before I am due in November. We are thinking of going to a beach somewhere in late September when I will be 29/30 weeks pregnant.

I know I will be very big by then but can I still enjoy a holiday or will I be too uncomfortable?

banane76 is offline Registered User

I think the trip will be worth it. I started getting uncomfortable at that time, but I would recommend a holiday before baby comes. However, it's very personal about comfort. We travelled at 28 weeks and then when my baby was 9 weeks old. You will be just uncomfortable if the plane trip is too long, so go somewhere close :) Thailand is nice!

hbw10 is offline Registered User

i traveled on an airplane at 22 weeks and it was very uncomfortable. i am flying again at 28 - i can only imagine it will be even worse.

like banane76 said above, hopefully it's close by or you are in business class!

m.

dimsum mum is offline Registered User

back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and i was pg with #1, i went to vietnam with dh for a final fling. i was 33 weeks. it was fantastic. no regrets!

stamcel is offline Registered User

It all depends on you. I flew to Phuket at 34 weeks, no problem....make sure you get a doc note if you are planning to fly from 32-35 weeks...

enjoy...

zac08 is offline Registered User

i'd say it COMPLETELY depends on how your pregnancy is going and the 'shape' that you are in. i flew to maui (15 hour flight each way, baby!) at 33 weeks with a broken toe and it was fine! after about 10 hours i became quite antsy but it was manageable. totally did not regret the decision - the holiday itself made it worthwhile. i was also working out at the gym 3-4x a week up to the very end of my pregnancy, so i suppose i was in fairly 'good shape' and feeling good, up to the end. so as other ladies have said, it really ALL depends on YOU.

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Okay, sounds like a plan then. Will book it.

Zac08, I am trying to exercise regularly also. Did you do strength training at the gym when you were pregnant, cardio or both? Weight lifting is fine throughout pregnancy isn't it (I don't lift anything heavy..., just for toning)?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquorice View Post
    Planning a last holiday before I am due in November. We are thinking of going to a beach somewhere in late September when I will be 29/30 weeks pregnant.

I know I will be very big by then but can I still enjoy a holiday or will I be too uncomfortable?
    It's hard to say what your personal experience will be. My son's due date and actual birthdate are in November and I made a flight at 29 weeks back to the US and at that time I was very uncomfortable. My belly barely slid behind the meal tray in the airplane seat. My legs swelled up and I felt a lot of back pain from sitting on the plane. But...if you are going to a beach nearby where the trip is only a couple hour flight and especially if you have the means to get a business class seat and you are just going to take it easy on a beach and don't have to worry about layovers and luggage that much, then you'll probably be fine. I do not recommend long trips that late in your pregnancy even if you're cleared to fly by your doctor because it really can be extremely uncomfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast