Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sleep clinic from australia coming to HK

1stimemum is offline Registered User

hi all, at my wits end and as most of us know, in countries like australia, they have family services where you can bring your child in for the day and they work with you to resolve sleep issues.

I"m trying to get one such clinic to come to Hong Kong. now, i'm not being biased but australians are not the most motivated and right now the clinic I'm speaking to is not that keen to travel.

I'm trying to persuade them that it will be worth their while. Are there any parents who will be keen to use them?

We will have to pool together for airfare, accommodation and we will all pay our respective consultation fees. I"m hoping if we get 5 families interested, they would be willing to travel.

Pls PM me if you are and we can discuss this privately. I'm not going to respond to questions on the thread as there will be too many.

the sleep clinic cost in Australia is about AUD500 for 7 hrs but they may charge us more.

thanks.

Need to change/edit content.

SORRY BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO EDIT/ EDIT BUTTON IS MISSING?... PLS SEND REVISED POST

hi all, at my wits end and as most of us know, in countries like australia, they have family services where you can bring your child in for the day and they work with you to resolve sleep issues.

EDITED I"m trying to get one such clinic to come to Hong Kong. Right now the clinic I'm speaking to is not that keen to travel.

I'm trying to persuade them that it will be worth their while. Are there any parents who will be keen to use them?

We will have to pool together for airfare, accommodation and we will all pay our respective consultation fees. I"m hoping if we get 5 families interested, they would be willing to travel.

Pls PM me if you are and we can discuss this privately. I'm not going to respond to questions on the thread as there will be too many.

the sleep clinic cost in Australia is about AUD500 for 7 hrs but they may charge us more.

thanks.

bridiemexico is offline Registered User
    There was a workshop last weekend in DB run by an Australian Lady. I spoke to someone who went and they said it was really good. I also know someone who bought the manual and is perhaps wanting to teach other parents. If you want the details send me a PM and I can put you in touch with her.

rani is offline Administrator
    There is a time limit of 10 mins to edit a post.

How about Annerley's sleep clinic

http://www.annerley.com.hk/SleepClinic/

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    On the recommendation from others on this forum, I just consulted a lady named Tammy Fontana on sleep issues for my child. She runs a sleep clinic, but out of Singapore. And in fact, she is in the U.S. for the year. But we communicated via skype (she can also do telephone calls) and got follow up advice as the sleep training went on via email. I found her advice to be quite useful and though we still have some issues with the sleeping - we're already 12 days into the training - it has definitely progressively gotten better. Our son is on the older side (already 15 months) and Tammy had already told us it would take us longer to sleep train older babies. Anyways, she charges S$45/hour (@HK$251/hour), which is considerably cheaper than the Australian clinic (I think it may be cheaper than Annerley too). I found her to be helpful and very responsive though she is far away. Unfortunately, I think she is on vacation until early or middle of July. You could always try her out if you want. Check out her website Baby Sleep Fairy - Home.

Good luck!

futurehkmom,

I've also consulted tammy, unfortunately I am unable to carry out extinction. We tried for 1 night with disastrous results. 1.5hrs of screaming, wailing, Baby was completely DRENCHED in sweat, he threw up and SCRATCHED HIMSELF -toenails, back of leg.

i am now doing a modified version where i let him cry for about 10 mins before picking up and soothing. He cries alot less but still takes him 1.5hr to get to sleep. I modified it myself based on my guts.

Yes, i've read ALL the books, TRIED every form of shush, patting, routine, bed time routine there he. HE NEEDS TO BE ROCKED TO SLEEP.

I'm only day 3 into it. where are you at day 12?

my reason for wanting to try the australian sleep clinic is that I've had a friend use them on their 6mth old. and within 7 hours, all their issues resolved. Their child is now almost 2 and knows how to say, goodnight ,i'm sleepy now!!

annerley sleep clinic advises pretty much what all the books, sleep experts advocate btu they DO NOT go to your home and do it for you at this stage, I think i need someone who can execute; do the dirty work so to speak.

3nights of hearing my son cry is really getting to me, i no longer trust my own judgement.

ssheng is offline Registered User
    I'm curious - what did they do for your friend's 6 mo. old that is different than what is in the books?

Also, I think Annerley actually does home consultations too, but I have no idea if that includes doing the dirty work (and if they would stay with you for 1.5 hours, as opposed to just their typical hour), but you could probably inquire.

its not all that different but they do spend 7 hours with you, making sure you dont deviate from the plan and i think having trained healthcare professionals do the dirty work makes it easier- at least for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast