Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

mind the gap!

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

mind the gap!

four teeth so far and i noticed that there's a HUGE gap between my bub's two upper teeth! i know that those baby teeth will fall off later but i don't know how to brace that gap?!

some people said that him sucking on the dummy/pacifier made it like that. some people said that it is coz of evil eyes on him. some people are blaming me coz it's karma - i used to tease my mum and a girlfriend about their gap!

i know it's not the end of the world but can i make the gap any closer/better? :missingto

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Don't worry about the gap - my son had a huge gap in between his two top front teeth when they first came out, but now it has just grown much closer together. He is 15 months now and has 8 teeth.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Don't worry, when all the teeth will come out, they will take more place and the gap will be smaller... and anyway, before he gets his final teeth, there is nothing to do !
    By the way, in France we call it "the lucky teeth" !

geomum is offline Registered User
    When all the molars come out the gap will be filled, don't worry my daughter has gaps between all her front teeth.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    according to our paed dentist. gaps are actually good for baby teeth now, yes, they fall off anyways, but it indicates good enough space for adult teeth to grow later. my daughter 4yo have gaps in between almost all her upper teeth and dentist says that's nice.
    my boy, 2 yo, who we see have perfectly aligned teeth now, no space at all between teeth, we're told that we might have problems with not having enough space when the adult teeth comes, we'll have to see. also, the very nice teeth is also super difficult to clean, i have to be extra careful coz there's always a piece of meat or something that gets stuck in between and need a lot of brushing to take out :)

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    thanks ladies - i really hope that same will happen to my bub's teeth (grow closer in time). i can be at ease now......aaahhhh!