Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Antenatal check at TKOH & giving birth at United Christian Hospital?

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    I live in TKO, so I am also attending antenatal checks at TKOH. I also went through the same process as you. First visit with midwife, and then scheduled for an appointment with the doctor at around week 11. I didn't get any prenatal vitamin either, but I guess that if I had requested that, they would have given it to me (actually I already had a bottle of Materna that they gave me when I was under fertility treatment there). The good thing about the antenatal checks there is that because TKOH doesn't have labour ward, usually there are much few people waiting for checks than in other hospitals... usually i would wait just 30 to 60 minutes for each appointment.

About the scans, if you are under 35, then probably you will only get one scan at around week 20. Otherwise, you will get scheduled for a Nuchal scan at around week 12 to 14, which will be done at United Christian Hospital.

And about delivering at UCH, you may search on the forum... I remember that someone posted her experience delivering there few months ago. I am going to deliver at Union Hospital Shatin, cause I am covered by the insurance and have already paid for the deposit....Otherwise, I wouldn't have any problem delivering at UCH. I attended the antenatal classes there, and the hospital seems be fine.... They have everything you may get in a private hospital, like epidural, if you need it. They also encourage breastfeeding and baby room in, which are things that may not be available in private hospital, unless you stay in a private room.

charade is offline Registered User
    Hey Gataloca, are the antenatal classes at UCH only in Cantonese? Can you speak Cantonese or did you take a translator along?

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Hi Charade... I speak cantonese..... I am not sure if there are english classes available.... I do remember that they once gave me a schedule which descriptions were in english. You can ask the nurses on your next appointment though....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12