Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Milk question

piper is offline Registered User

Milk question

Hi moms,

My Little one has been on formula and will be 14 mths soon. When is a good time to transit him to "milk" or can I keep him on formula? If so, is there one/s for toddlers?

What do all the other mommies do?

Thanks alot for your help.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Hi

We kept our son on formula for a while after he turned one as was easier to take formula powder when travelling and could make up with water wherever we were. We then changed to Pura dark blue fresh milk. It is about the same price as formula (at least the Hipp Organic formula I used). Now he either has Pura dark blue or Greenfields full fat milk.

The books tend to say cows milk is ok after 12 months unless there are allergies in the family.

SB2

piper is offline Registered User

Hi starbucks2,

Thanks for your advise. quick ques -- what age did you move your LO to" regular" milk?

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Starbucks2 - Did your little one like the fresh milk from when he first tried it? My little one won't drink the Pura! So I'm trying to see what I could do to get him to like it.....

shuchisingh is offline Registered User

my son started cow's milk from 11 months. but he went from being exclusively breast fed to cow's milk - so there wasn't a problem. he loved fresh milk from the word go :)

we use pura fresh.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

We started to mix Pura milk too in his formula when our son turned 1, and after 15 days he was on fresh milk only.

southside852 is offline Registered User

we transitioned to Pura milk from formula (no mixing) at 13 months which is when doctor's recommend doing so. My son loved it!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Hi Piper

We probably changed to a combination of fresh milk and formula at about 18 months. We were a bit slow to change as thought the Pura was very expensive and the formula was easier to take travelling. It actually turned out that the Pura fresh milk was about the same price as the Hipp Organic formula. Now that he over 2 we use exclusively Pura fresh milk or Greenfields fresh milk with the occasional UHT Pura as a backup if we have no fresh milk in the house!

FutureHKmom - no problems transferring him over to cows milk. He didn't even notice. If your child doesn't like it then I don't see any reason why you can't stay with formula for a bit longer. We didn't change until about 18 months through laziness and familiarity with routine of the formula (as well as cost although that was unfounded in the end). Frenchy's idea of mixing some fresh milk and some formula to slowly transfer over sounds like a good idea.

SB2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast