Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

New Site Feedback

geomum is offline Registered User
    Looks too overcrowded to me as well. Too much going on advts, forums, shopping, blogs etc etc and the fact that its in the same format. It seems the focus of the earlier website was Forums and this one hard to define. Also the forums sections the Title is on light blue and Posted by in black, so eyes focus instantly on the dark print, it should be the other way around. Same case with other written matter also. When the website opens we see ShoppinginHK right away so it may seem to a new person that its a online shopping website. The page is too long as well. I liked the earlier website in terms of ease of access.

shri is offline Administrator
    >> Title is on light blue and Posted by in black, so eyes focus instantly on the dark print, it should be the other way around

Will fix later today.

>> When the website opens we see ShoppinginHK right away so it may seem to a new person that its a online shopping website

Something we need to do in terms of blending. The shopinhk thing is blended too well and appears to be a part of the site.

With blogs etc.. this is something we always had on the site. Our menu is almost identical (blogs has been added). Events, Forums, Shopping, were always on the menu.

Ads - same ads as before, never changed.

Forums will continue to be the focus - infact a lot of this design was driven because we wanted to use more real estate for the content (left column was removed and the right column was reduced in size).

We do want to move some of the social aspects like Due Date clubs, neighbourhood groups to the social forums.

There are a number of issues we'll address today, but then there are a few that I want to give a couple of days worth of "getting used to" time and see if people get used to them.

piper is offline Registered User
    Hi Shri,

Looks Fresh!!!

But- Way, way, way too many ads. Especially at the top.
    I would hope we log on and see the forum and new threads. AND THE "ads" as separate.

shuchisingh is offline Registered User
    Hi Shri,

Overall it's looking more hip... the old site was getting a bit jaded. But yes it's overcrowded for me too. Maybe if you could increase empty space in between major coloums it would help. Also, I too really miss the forums box on the right hand side top -used to be my fav :)

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Looks good to me but needs more time to get used to it.....Finally, a classified section, thanks for adding that, we need that as i don't go to geoxpat.com for trading. I can't find the link how to post things to sell, is it still not working? thanks!

solidstars is offline Registered User
    WOAH! was completely surprised when I logined. Anyways the new colours look great, refreshing, modern, new, communicative.

Ads on top bar makes me dizzy though, is it me or they seem much bigger and intrusive than before?

Ditto Carang and shuchisingh and really miss the top right box with all the new threads topics, love looking there to click on new topics popping up/refreshing itself. Instead of having to go through so many links now to get there?

Also harder to read the forum chats now (the boxes are so big I keep having to scroll bit by bit instead of before where it was easier to fit more into window). But that's a small problem, maybe I can reduce my font size or something. Or maybe it's just that there's more words on one line (isn't the recommended reader user-friendliness at 7 words per line? sorry work brain setting in.)

It might be just me, but where do I find 'my forum topics' (subscribed ones?)? Sorry having a dim moment.

crystal88 - Login - Hong Kong Baby Classifieds (From the menu on top, "Create Classified Ad")

>> is it me or they seem much bigger and intrusive than before?

They're actually not bigger, just that people are noticing them a lot more than before. They've always been there.

We're looking at a couple of options on how we could make them less distracting. Will have something sorted out by tomorrow. Right now, we're fixing some of the minor cosmetic issues first.

The box on the right hand side will be back by end of day ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast