Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

New Site Feedback

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

Might take a while to get used to the changes - definitely looks fresher and more professional. Navigation not immediately intuitive though.

Have had some problems with the New Forum Posts link - as I scroll over it, the list of new posts pops up to the left. But when I move cursor to the post I want to look at, the pop up box disappears. Happened about 10 times in a row for me. Very frustrating. Definitely think forums/new posts should be a bit easier to access. Also, think that the Articles (eg, The Stick Man / Dental Care) should not be so prominent (ie, forums shouldn't be below them). I think more people are interested in the forums than the articles.

I guess Classifieds aren't up and running yet. I tried to post one and get a "you do not have permission for this action" message. But I think it's a great idea to have the Classifieds section - and the subsections within Classifieds seems good (eg, separating baby clothes from strollers etc). Think there needs to be a "post new ad" button within each section of Classifieds - at the moment, it seems you have to return to the top menu bar to find a dropdown bar with "Create classified ad" link.

I'm sure there'll be lots of teething difficulties, but well done for trying the new approach and for the improvements that have already appeared.

shri is offline Administrator

There are still a couple of bugs... hope to resolve them in a day or two. A few cosmetic issues (colors etc) which we shall take care of also.

We hope to announce this to everyone by Monday.. until then we will be fixing pretty much everything reported.

geomum is offline Registered User

You are right Shri, I am getting used to it already after logging in a few times :) Love the print baby photos concept.

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Hi Shri,

Re classifieds, still can't post.

I think that there are too many classifications on baby stuff - maternity, then there's maternity clothes, could be one. Baby furniture - strollers could be under it.....well, just my comment. No need to change......as long as i can post in the classifieds soon ;-)

shaanmom is offline Registered User

Hi Shri, Tried to create a new classified, but got a message "you don't have permission for that"! Do you have a "how to" section??

shri is offline Administrator

I'm getting someone in our office to post a how to on adding classifieds.

We tested it with several test logins and have not had a problem.

Login - Hong Kong Baby Classifieds <-- start here and follow the instructions.

Can you let me know at what stage you get the "You don't have permission for that!"? None of us are getting this error message.

Samya is offline Registered User

Exclamation How to post a Classified Ad

Here is a simple 8 step method to posting a Classified on GeoBaby:

1) In order to post a classified ad on GeoBaby, you first have to put your cursor above the Classified tab at the top of the webpage and select “Create Classified Ad.”

2) This should take you to a webpage with a section titled “Hong Kong Baby Classifieds Ad Placement.” In Step 1 of the process, you select the type of classified you would like to post and click submit.

3) This takes you on to Step 2 where you select which category your classified falls under, once again clicking submit to continue.

4) The final step of the process lets you input the actual classified. In the "title" section, you write the name of the product/service you are buying/selling and then upload a picture of the product if possible. The picture has to be saved on your computer, you cannot source it directly from a website.

5) You then put the asking price for the product (assuming you are selling something) and putting 0 in that field means you are looking for the best offer and select the duration that your ad is to be posted.

6) In the next field you put a short description of the product/service being offered/desired. A good description will clear any ambiguity about what you wish for from your classified.

7)You can then choose to have your ad highlighted and/or bolded for an extra $25HKD each. The next dropdown menu lets you choose whether you wish to receive email notification of replies to your posting. Emails would go to the registered email account.

8) Finally, you click submit. If your listing is free, your ad will then be posted while if your ad is a business ad or you requested your listing be highlighted or bolded you will be directed to PayPal to make the payment for your listing.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask us.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Like others, I have to scroll down quite a bit to get to the bulk of the site - it's a lot of wasted space up there.
    It would be nice to have easy access to new posts - less user friendly than the old version, though definitely more modern.
    I think it will just take some getting used to. Aside from the top page bit.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast