Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

New Site Feedback

carang is offline Registered User
    i DO still find the ads too "in your face"... i think that is what i meant about being "busy" to look at... you don't know where to look first as there's so much flashing away at you... one of my pet peeves about asiaxpat is all the darned advertising flashing away at you...

i think that your box for forums still needs to be bigger... i liked the old style that actually listed teh "new topics" or the "recently updated" ones...

it WILL take some getting used to and most people are adverse to change...

thanks for the hard work, shri! we DO appreciate it... it's not all bitching and moaning! LOL!

shri is offline Administrator
    >> it's not all bitching and moaning! LOL!

Keep the suggestions coming. I do think I know what one of the problems is .. when people click on the links to the threads, it seems that the user is not redirected properly to the last post. They still see the top of the page.

Like I said, ads have not changed, they've always been there.

I like the current display .. you just have to hover the cursor over the "New Forum Posts" link and you get a display with a lot more info than before. Will review this and see if we can display this better, without reducing the space we have put aside for the forums.

Not sure how many people have actually noticed that we've increased the forum page width by about 80%.. more focus on the content!

Give me a couple of days before you put us in the same group as AX. :)

i HAVE noticed... but, honestly, i like the narrower version better... i find that such a wide page is difficult to follow, especially on long posts... you kind of get lost on the page when you finish one line and go down to read the next line, if you know what i mean.

i think that if you want the forums to take front and centre, then on the first page, you need to have them above the blogs/articles etc.

i know that the ads have always been there, and i understand the need for them.... BUT...with the different colours that you are using now, the ads are VERY ummmmm.... jarring to look at. i think it is also too much white....or maybe i'm going to have to turn the brightness down on my computer screen... it will be an absolute killer when i have a migraine to look at the screen as it is now.. WAYYYY too white.

but honestly, all in all, it looks pretty darned good!

i honestly hadn't noticed the "hovering" bit... i've just gone to look at it... looks ok EXCEPT i'd add the time of the latest post to it, and if possible the last poster... sometimes THAT is more important than who started the thread...

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    Re posting a classified, I'm still getting nowhere. As per Samya's detailed instructions, I can follow step 1

1) In order to post a classified ad on GeoBaby, you first have to put your cursor above the Classified tab at the top of the webpage and select “Create Classified Ad.”

As soon as I click on "Create a classified ad" I get an error message of "you do not have permission for this action."

I'm sure the rest of the instructions are correct, but I can't get further than the error message.

rani is offline Administrator
    HonkyB,

We've fixed the classifieds. Can you try again.

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    Thanks Rani/Shri. Problem is now fixed. I can easily post classifieds.

shri is offline Administrator
    Thanks for the update. Was a bit of a bizzare problem that affected a few users.

Howard - We should have the "go to first unread post" fixed.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast