Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Districts of Kowloon

kellyst is offline Registered User
    yes.. would agree that LCK station is a pain for strollers.. tho the covered walkways looks quite close to completion. they say end July on the construction signs, but i guess they just change it whenever they want :p.. but from the looks I would say August looks promising.
    however, my kids are old enough so we don't use strollers anymore. by public transportation or by car around 20 minutes to anywhere around central Kowloon (7 minutes by car to Kowloon station).. so I'll still vouch for the convenience

TTong is offline Registered User
    We moved to Laguna Verde in May and we LOVE it! Our girls are 2 & 3. Hutchinson Park is across the street. (Terrapins, gold fish, trees and play park) Beautiful park to have lunch at. Fishermans Wharf is next door ( Park'n'Shop, Dry Cleaners, 7 eleven) Some apts have sea view. Path along the waterfront has numerous play parks. Laguna Verde has its on club house. Shopping at Whampoa is very close (less than 10mins walking with a 3 yr old.) 10 mins walk to ferry terminal. Lots of kindergartens around too.I really like where we live. Everyone is so friendly and patient with our girls. (they are at the stage of wanting to talk to EVERYONE) We went to Clear Water Bay at the weekend, beautiful clear water, clean beach with changing facilities, shop etc But I still prefer to live closer to 'town. Good Luck!
    Last edited by TTong; 07-05-2010 at 10:26 AM.

temajie is offline Registered User
    Thanks again for your replies.
    I think I would rather keep close to the city too, but the problem is to find something in my budget now.

geoyoungdaddy is offline Registered User
    Hello everyone!

We're also ending up with LV (hopefully will move in Oct-Nov).

TTong, our son is 2.7 now. Did you manage to enroll your children to any kindergarten? Which one did you choose? Was it hard? Any queues? I can not imagine how should we make it happen in Oct-Nov when all the kindies are full....

Thank you!

carang is offline Registered User
    honestly, now or in october, you will have the same problem.

TTong is offline Registered User
    I posted this on the other thread.............Hope you'll be very happy here! I know when we were looking Anfield had no problem with spaces....its in Laguna Verde Complex so its very handy come rain or shine. As I have been asking other mums for a while it does seem to have a good reputation. The other option we looked at was sending her to the Chinese Kindergarten also on site. Still pondering over it. Really. We are having such a good time here. She is 3 and knows her numbers, colours, alphabet & animals etc So she wouldn't really need to go to school/ kindergarten to learn in English. We do art at home, paint, playdoh, cards, draw etc She just needs to be around other kids her age and maybe learn some Cantonese. We meet other kids in the clubhouse playroom in the mornings. Same friends come each day so that's good for them. We would go to the indoor or outdoor pools in the afternoon and sometimes the park downstairs in the evenings. I have to say the clubhouse here is very good. I think. Facility wise there's Tennis court, Basketball, Golf driving range, area for private BBQ, gymn, indoor/outdoor pools, billiard room, american pool, squash, table tennis, dancing room, sauna, steam room, library and not forgetting PLAYROOM! Oh and a Karaoke Room if that floats your boat. Mobile libarary and mobile family planning come each week too. Sorry to be so long but I found the Clubhouse list a s i was looking for Anfield File..........(Their email Anfield International Kindergarten Incase you want to look at it. ) Kindergarten can be sorted once you move. For now try and enjoy some sights of Shanghai before you leave. Good Luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123