Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

must vent (unsalted butter again)

kellyst is offline Registered User
    yes, hang in there, you are really an angel. I can't imagine putting up with half of this. I do believe that relationships with MIL should get better as kids gets older, (they will tell daddy and granny that they like cheese for breakfast and shut them up for good). you have many mommies support here, so hang in there!

solidstars is offline Registered User
    that's why I didn't say anything! I know PLENTY Of people (and babies) who eat cheese for breakfast.

Oooo toast! Heaven forbid! It's crunchy and that might hurt the baby's internal organs or something or poison or the other! Hahahaha sorry I couldn't resist, I have not yet tried toast with T as I know I'll get ganged up on. Bread okay, bread with raisins not okay, bread with cheese not okay, and heaven forbid toasted bread!!!

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    Gahhhhh is all I can say. If I were in your situation, I would be letting him know that we need counseling so we can see eye to eye. Just reading it makes my blood boil! Hang in there. Don't just let it go, insist on setting things straight. If it goes on for too long you won't want to even try to make things work and that will be sad. Good luck!

geomum is offline Registered User
    While your husband out of his job and has time on his hands, get some books from the library on child nutrition or just kids recipe books and make him read those.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Ah, so you say your husband is out of a job at the moment. Sounds like that might be what is making him miserable (and feeling out of control) so he might be projecting it onto you. The spouse is always an easy target. I hope for everyone's sake, he finds a job soon.
    It's really good of you to control yourself so well in front of your son. I wish I could.

Oh, and cheese for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack - it's all good! I'm still gobsmacked that your hubbie grew up in Canada though. Cheese and toast poison? Ahahaha! That's a good one. Nice bubble that he has created for his son.

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Probably you can check on the public library.... There should be some books about children food and nutrition in chinese (there should be some with recipe in both chinese and english). Then you can show that to your husband, and let him know that chinese children also eat cheese or butter, etc...

matemate is offline Registered User
    is it just me or do i think that you just let slip a major piece of information right there? your husband is out of a job...i can't believe you didn't tell us this before (or did you and i missed it? <- my mistake in that case).

in any case, that explains pretty much all his behavior. so forget counseling, moving the mom, or whatever else you can think of: get him a d*** job! that will solve at least 75% of your issues

solidstars is offline Registered User
    hahah thanks matemate, he's trying! I can't help him with it there, it is vital and sorry I didnt' mention it before, you know, too much personal information and all. If he knew I wrote all that, he might be angry, but not as angry as if he found out i announced to the world he didn't have a job... hope you know what i mean.

anyways gataloca, good idea, chinese books will probably placate him, too bad I need to get some help reading them (I can't read chinese and my baby books are all in english). I will get some friends to help out.

shenzhennifer, you're right, it's getting so he's less and less canadian now and more and more ming dynasty or something.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast