Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recommendations for Confinement Nanny - help!

tenten is offline Registered User

Recommendations for Confinement Nanny - help!

Help! My confinement nanny arrangement has fallen through, and I have to look for a new one now. I'm due first week of Oct so if anyone has any recommendations of a good one that they have used, please send me their details.

I've tried calling a few that friends have recommended but they are all booked solid for the year. I suspect many of them are.

As I'm a first time mom, ideally one that can show me the ropes & cook the usual post natal stuff - cantonese, mandarin speaking is fine.

Thanks in advance!

TTong is offline Registered User
    I have never heard of a 'confinement nanny' but I suspect its like a 'Mother figure' helping out after baby is born........try an ad in geoespats.com I think its a very useful website. Good Luck and Congratulations.

Mabella is offline Registered User
    Hi, my due date is Aug 18th and I've just confirmed a "confinementNanny" ...I interviewed a few that were recommended to me. They were all good. Are you still looking?

ameey is offline Registered User
    Hi Mabella,

I'm looking for a confinement nanny. Due Jan 2011. I'm very interested in your contact recommendations. Could you PM me the number(s)?

Thanks,
    ameey

cutetots is offline Registered User
    Hi Mabella, Ameey and Tenten,

I am looking for a confinement lady as well for April-May 2011. If you have any good contacts, do you mind sharing please?

Many thanks!

carey is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies, I have a recommendation to make it you are still looking. This lady runs a domestic helper agency both in Hongkong and in the city where I live in the Mainland. I was recommended to their service by my friend. I hired a confinement lady from them and she was quite good.

During the employment period, this Hongkong lady (Ms. Wu) travelled from Hongkong and made a home visit to us. We spoke and she seemed to be good at what she is doing. Ms.Wu is from Hongkong and she is a confinement lady herself. She speaks Cantonese ONLY. I ran into her at the hopstial in Hongkong when I took my 6 week old for vaccination. She was working for a family and also going with the baby for vaccin the same day.

Her Hongkong contact number is 9087 9869. Even if she is not available to work perhaps she could recommend someone else. But I am sure there is a recommendation fee somehow. So, it's good to compare her quote with others.

tenten is offline Registered User
    Hi Cutetots,

PM'ed you some details. All the best!

hknanny is offline Registered User
    I am a maternity nurse and help new mothers during the night. I am fully qualified, Plenty of experience in HK and overseas in the past 16 years.
    If you want to contact me,please do so at [email protected] or 91701626

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast