Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory


visa for china

  1. #1
    lg969 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    visa for china


    any non-chinese women out there who have given birth in HK and come back to china?

    we live in GZ and want to bring our baby to gz right after we have given birth in hk. but i want to put the sticker for the baby in my husband's passport, not mine. do you know if we can do this? will chinese immigration allow this? any advice will be much appreciated

  2. #2
    carang's Avatar
    carang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sai Kung

    most countries require baby's to have their OWN passports... not just stickers in their mother's (was never in the father's).

    whatever passport you hold, you will have to apply for & receive BEFORE you take the baby to china. you will also need a visa for china for the baby. depending on what nationality you are, it could take a month or more to process it all.

  3. #3
    Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Tsuen Wan

    What country are you from?
    Basically you need to do the following: get the birth certificate issued asap, take that to apply for a passport(time depends on what country pp it is), then use that to apply for a Chinese visa for your baby to enter China. China will not allow your baby to enter without its own passport.
    We were looking at about a month all in all (and the lady at Union hospital would NOT even guarantee that we got the birth certificate while we were still in the hospital). This was a big reason why we decided to have the baby in China. That and spending up to a month before the birth in HK(cannot trust that the border will be open, and travel time to the closest hospital from SZ is still 1.5-2hrs and if you're in serious labour, no thanks!), and living in a hotel/serviced apt for a month after with a newborn alone, was not my idea of a good time. Plus the expenses of the serviced apt for 2 months).

  4. #4
    shoni is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Agree, it was difficult enough getting everything organised to take baby to the UK to see grandparents at 3 months old. Although it did only take one week to get a china visa (tourist).

    You also need to take into account that if you are on work / dependent visa's in China your baby should also be on a dependent visa, I am not sure you can organise that from HK?

Similar Threads

  1. food from china
    By capital in forum Family Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 10:47 AM
  2. Where to go in China
    By sherwes in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 01:53 PM
  3. From China
    By pme23 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 12:00 AM
  4. Helper's multi-entry visa to China
    By HK2008 in forum Helper Forums
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
  5. Buying from China
    By aussiegal in forum Family Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Scroll to top