Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pamela Youde special ward

aec
    aec is offline Registered User

Pamela Youde special ward

Does anyone have any information about the maternity "special accommodation wards" at Pamela Youde? I understand the cost is $2,400 per day (with visiting hours 8am-9pm), but am not sure if all maternity costs are then treated as private if I choose to stay in this ward? Thanks

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    You ONLY pay the room cost, not the medical cost. This makes it a very affordable option to have a semi private room. Only problem is you can't book in advance, you just need to hope there is availability... but I know people who have used it. Their total cost was around $7000 I think... and sometimes the rooms aren't even full so you could be the only one in your room, with a private bathroom too... I was really wanting to go there in this pregnancy but unfortunately I had medical complications which made me need to transfer to QMH - so disappointed, because QMH doesn't have that option... There it's either fully private (in which you need to pay for all the medical costs as well), or public (where you share a huge ward with a million other mums and crying babies). I had my first there and wish I didn't need to go there for my 2nd, but I know it's the best place to be medically - and when you have complications, that's more important than comfort and the extra visiting hours!!