Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Local kindergartens in Kowloon

temajie is offline Registered User

Local kindergartens in Kowloon

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a school (preschool/kindergarten) for my daughter who will be 3 in November. We plan to live in Kowloon, may be Hung Hom.

My daughter does not speak much yet so I am not against putting her in a Chinese school, provided she feels comfortable with the teachers and kids there.

I found a list of international kindergartens in Kowloon on this forum but I would be interested in having a list of local schools too, with teaching in Mandarin or Cantonese.

Thanks.

carang is offline Registered User
    the problem you will encounter is that kowloon is a VERY large area...it encompasses:

TST
    Jordan
    Yau Ma Tei
    Mongkok
    Shek Kip Mei
    Sham Shui Po
    Lai Chi Kok
    Tai Kok Tsui
    Olympic
    Kwun Tong
    Lam Tin
    Kowloon Bay
    Ngau Tau Kok
    Diamond Hill
    Mei Foo
    Lai Kung
    Kowloon City
    Hung Hom
    Sau Mau Ping
    Wong Tai Sin

and more....
    a list of local kindergartens in the area would be a mile long! my suggestion to you is this:

When you get to hong kong, find a place that you would like to live. Once you find that, THEN look around for a kindergarten in the area. Otherwise, you are creating a HUGE amount of work, worry, stress & anxiety that you really don't need right now.

You are probably right, I understand your point. But will I be able to find kindergartens just walking down the street? I did not imagine there were so many, so I guess I can find one at walking distance from where I'll be living? (which would be great)

carang is offline Registered User
    EVERY area has at least a few kindergartens...when i was looking for one for my two kids, i did just exactly that... walk through the area and look around. if you live in the area for a month or so, you will start to notice them. then when you are ready, contact the ones you noticed and ask your questions of them directly. then you can arrange to go and see them and THEN make a decision.

i understand moving so far is daunting, but if you relax a little more about it and give yourself time to "get a feel" for HK, then make all of the decisions, i have a feeling you will be much happier.

IF your child was going into primary school, my advice would be different, but as far as i'm concerned there really should not be so much stress over a kindergarten.

reei is offline Registered User
    temajie,

check out this website. it has all you need to know about all kindergartens in kowloon and the area.

幼稚園概覽 Kindergartens Profile

Of course, no stress over just a kindergarten! :)
    Thank Reei for your link.