Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Feeling fat and ugly after baby

prone_to_wander is offline Registered User

4 days after my son was born, my neighbour asked me: "Are you pregnant again already?. And then said (while my jaw hung open in shock), "Oh, you just haven't gotten slim again."

Ya. Obviously she had no concept about how biology works.

I'm 6 weeks postpartum and I have lost most of the weight but I have a little pooch and I'm not quite back into most of my clothes although I can slip into some pants. For myself: I say 9 months on, 9 months off.

spsmok is offline Registered User

To begin with, I've always been a size small. And I didn't put on that much weight for both pregnancies - just the low end within the normal range. So, getting back to pre-pregnancy weight wasn't difficult for me, it just took several months.

With my first, I started swimming 3x/week when my baby was 7 months' old. That was really effective. I had an "almost" flat tummy, but my overall shape was bigger. I didn't have the luxury of exercising that much after my second pregnancy. The weight was back to pre-pregnancy gradually, but the pouch was still there after 2 years.

lisa88 is offline Registered User

PS - the skinny HK women are definitely NOT healthy. Do not be deceived by their looks. I took yoga classes before, during and after pregnancy. Have been shocked at how some of the skinny ones are unable to do the simplest yoga positions. Some cannot even raise 2 arms to touch their ears, do 10 squats, or squat on their haunches! So there!

carang is offline Registered User

yes, skinny does not = healthy

solidstars is offline Registered User

lisa88 i'm definitely one of those who can't stretch properly hahahah but i'm not skinny either!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

I heard that the reason that a lot of celebs have elective c-sections is that they have a 'mummy tuck' at the same time - it's not healthy or recommended but as someone said, it's their living to look a certain way.

I'd thump those girls at work too, with all my extra mummy weight and upper body strength!

Actually, I also found it fairly easy to drop to my pre-preggo weight and size, which is UK 14 so still big. Shape is another matter, I do a fair bit of exercise and am finding it hard to loose the mummy tummy - think it may be an age thing as well, easier to loose in your 20's than your 30's. But I'd infinitely rather be overweight, fit mummy than a skinny single with no kids ;-)

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by jvn View Post
    But I'd infinitely rather be overweight, fit mummy than a skinny single with no kids ;-)
    Well said!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123