Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Helper stained husband's shirts :(((

carang is offline Registered User
    just had a brain wave... maybe the stain is NOT from the iron, but from the board???

geomum is offline Registered User
    Nope checked the board already, I am working like a detective on this, hehehe.

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Is she looking after children while ironing? This may be the reason why she is not concentrating on the clothing.

Louiseamanda is offline Registered User
    Hi
    realise this post is old.
    I think the reason helpers never tell you if they break something/do something wrong (like stain /bleach a piece of clothing) is because they are afraid of the consequences.
    Employers who deduct salaries etc - its not suprising, is it (on the amount of salary they get)

Lets face it, their whole monthly salary will buy only about 10 shirts, if they are not expensive shirts.

I insisted on my helper telling me if something was not working, broken, spoilt etc and explained I just prefer to know.
    Now she is telling me more.

geomum is offline Registered User
    No she isn't looking after children while ironing, I consider that highly unsafe. I have a very inquisitive two and half year old.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Things happen - my helper has broken 3 glasses, washed a silk scarf that said dry cleaning only etc....but I would never take anything out of her pay as she makes so little to begin with. She is great with my son and I just remind her to be careful. She does a great job with everything so I always try and put things in perspective. My son is #1 priority and my house is #2. As long as he is safe and happy then everything else is minor and replaceable.

sophwillsmum is offline Registered User
    I also couldn't imagine deducting from my helpers meagre salary. We have had a number of incidents with things being accidentally bleached ,shrunk or strange stains appearing but I always try to look at the positive side. She is an amazing cook,creative, efficient, completely trustworthy and wonderful with my children. If the house work is a little sloppy, so be it. If I was living in Australia I'd be doing it all myself! Also, whatever happened to treating them like the adults they are and not naughty children? We all make mistakes from time to time and are our salaries docked? I think not, wouldn't that be illegal??

thundacatchergo is offline Registered User
    maybe its makeup or lipstick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast