Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Goatmilk and Visiting Hong Kong

fan23 is offline Registered User

Goatmilk and Visiting Hong Kong

Hi Mommies and Daddies too,
    I am new here and we currently live in San Francisco. We are taking our super active 2.5 yo girl to Hong Kong in Sept for 3 weeks. We will live in my parents apt in Wan Chai area. Do you know where can I get fresh or powdered goatmilk around Wanchai/central area? Also, I am planning visit HK DIsneyland, are there any promo or specials going on with the ticket prices for a family trip? Thanks.

carang is offline Registered User
    about hk disney... i went last september and i can tell you NEVER AGAIN! it is TOOOOOOOO HOT! we're talking 30+C and NOT fun! october-ish is a little better, so if i were you, i'd put off the trip until as late as possible.

not usually cheaper tickets for a family. sorry.

i would strongly suggest you bring enough milk to last you. don't think it's available in hk.

carang is offline Registered User
    ps> OCEAN PARK is great fun for kids as well...but same advice as for disney.

penelope is offline Registered User
    you can find goat milk formula in bumps to babes and in some park n shops

Portia is offline Registered User
    Is this what you're looking for? http://www.wingonet.com/product/prod...n&prod_id=6768 If so, Wing On Dept Store.
    Last edited by Portia; 07-13-2010 at 11:19 AM.

fan23 is offline Registered User
    thanks for the replies mommies. So Disneyland in sept is not advisable...thanks. i will check out ocean park, I went there once when I was 5 yo, so it will be nostalgic to return with my toddler.

Oh the wingon powdered milk is very similar with what I use if we are travelling (we use Meyenberg), except the cost is more than double. I would like to bring enough for the trip, but Hong Kong is the first leg on our extended trips. After HK, we are off to Indonesia (my home country) and Australia for several months, so I don't think I can carry enough milk for 5 months trip, but I will definitely bring as much as I can.

Any kids friendly restaurants around the neighborhood that I can check out? Also, I would like to get my hair done in HK (cut, color/highlight) and possibly give my girl a haircut too, can you recommend reasonabley price but good salons to go to? Thanks Mama..

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    You can get Holle Goat's Milk formula at Healthy Delight, which is also in Central. (www.healthdelight.net) Bumps to Babes in Central sometimes sell them too. My daughter drinks this particular brand.

Eugene's Club (next to H&M) carries Karihome Goat's Milk powder too.

Apita in Taikoo Shing sells Babynat's Goat's Milk formula too, if you happen to be in the area. They also sell Holle Goat's Milk formula.

williamw is offline Registered User
    citysuper sells Karihome (regular) and Holle (organic) goat milk formula. They do free deliveries as well if you order more than $600. They have a shop in Times Square in Wanchai or IFC in central.