Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

booster seat for dining chair

geomum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

booster seat for dining chair

Which booster seat is the best? Can I use one for my baby or do I need to buy a high chair first and then switch to booster seat? I have no experience in these so all advice and opinions are welcome :)

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    I was given a booster seat for my baby when he was still young, so I just used that at first, instead of buying a high chair. He liked it fine, and he was ok to sit in it and everything, but for my taste, it was too low and my back ached when I fed him.
    After a short stint with one of those large, padded fancy seats, which was awful to clean, I went and bought the white IKEA one. It's great. Easy to clean, they can sit well, and very cheap.
    I'll go back to the booster later, but now at 18 months, he's still happy in his high chair.
    So, if only for the height, I would say that high chairs are better for younger babies.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    South District
    i would definitely use a high chair first since they are just so much easier to clean and feed your baby from. my one is nearly 2 and I still use it when i am feeding her in the kitchen (no dining table)...she uses a booster other times and she's adjusted well to both. also, if your baby likes to move alot, it is safer and easier to minimize the movements so that they can eat some of there dinner at least!

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Fo Tan
    High chair first, booster later. No idea which is best, though, because ours is not. Or, if it is, there is a lot of opportunity out there for someone.