Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Total cost for deliverying with Dr. Patrick Chan or dr. Grace Cheung

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Dr Chan is really nice.
    It's probably a case of workload. He wasn't very popular (and relatively unknown) but obviously, this has changed with the lot of us singing him praises. No one I know who has seen him has anything bad to say about him. Unfortunately, once an OBGYN gets famous/popular, the waitlist grows and it's quite normal for them to start turning patients away.

A lot of popular OBGYNs at Matilda are also retiring, cutting their workload e.g. Dr. Ghosh, Dr Dawkins has retired... two years ago? So really, it was only a matter of time that Dr Chan started turning patients away.

I'm sorry you did though as he is the bees knees in my book.
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

taysty is offline Registered User
    I visited him last week

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    Dr Chan delivered my 2nd baby and my husband and I absolutely adored him. We have been recommending him to all our friends who are looking for referrals. I just saw him yesterday for my regular check-up and asked him about his policy in regards to new patients since I did hear he wasn't taking on any. And he just said that he would like to take on new patients but unfortunately he just doesn't have enough time and didn't want to take away from his current patients. He wanted to make sure that he was still able to give his existing patients amble time and not have to rush through his appointments. It's really unfortunate cause he really is a wonderful doctor. I do know that you can still make appointments with him at his Matilda office hours as a new patient ...

missidealiste is offline Registered User
    Here's wat happened. I asked my husband to call the next day and NOT mentioned any back up OB or QMH. We got an appointment! And yes we are new patient and with no referral too!

Thank you for your feedback! It does help me since I'm not sure if I still want him to deliver my baby after I got screened out for saying tat I had qmh as back up... It made doubt him but thank you all your insight

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123