Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Total cost for deliverying with Dr. Patrick Chan or dr. Grace Cheung

dingdongding is offline Registered User

Total cost for deliverying with Dr. Patrick Chan or dr. Grace Cheung

For those moms that have recently delivered with Dr. Patrick Chan or Dr. Grace Cheung, can you please share your total cost including prenatal visits and all hospital fee?
    I would like to get an idea as my insurance have cap.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I don't know exact costs but I'm pretty sure that Patrick Chan would be cheaper, he's one of the cheapest doctors for delivering in Matilda - and from experience (but I didn't deliver with him), he's a wonderful doctor! I would recommend him in a heart beat.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User

I'm with Dr. Chan. Each appt. costs between $850-$950 unless there is an extra test or ultrasound (the 20 week one). I don't know about other doctors but Dr. Chan doesn't schedule appointments unnecessarily. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and have seen him just once a month until I get to 34 weeks. You can ask his nurse for the hospital charge. It's $19000 for a 4 bedroom ward as I recall from the list.

His bedside manners are great. Very quick to return your calls (should something happen). I can't recommend him highly enough.

“If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

I just delivered with Dr. Chan in Feb. Both my husband and I recommend him to everyone we know who's asked for a referral. The check-ups were anywhere from 850-1200 and that includes a scan every time. In terms of hospital charge, I had a scheduled c-section and stayed in a private room so the Matilda package deal for that is 55,000. Dr. Chan charged 42,000 for delivery. And then there's other charges like Anesthesiologist charge, Paediatrician charge, etc ... total bill was about 120,000. Thankfully insurance covered all of it - including meals that my husband ate at the hospital :)

LOJITT is offline Registered User

To get your total cost you need to factor in the Obstatrician's fees (antenatal and delivery), Sonographer, Paediatrician and Anaethetist (if you want epidural or c-section).

Grace Cheung and Lucy Lord (her partner) offer a package to patients who choose to stay in a 4 bed room at the Matilda or Adventist to deliver- in Jan 2010 tht was advertised at HK$36000 and includes the antenatal appointments (with scan each time), the delivery and care whilst at the hospital.

On a PAYG basis, their charges are similar to Patrick Chan ($950 for a check up) and these are monthly until you get past 32 weeks, then go to fortnightly.

I have met Grace once (she was covering for Lucy) and got a good impression of her.

The charges by the hospital are set by the hopsital and dont vary by Obs BUT be aware that your Obs might charge more for the delivery if you take a private room, as may the paediatrician, anaethetist etc.

LOJITT is offline Registered User

Just to add, you could do mix and match- have private antenatal care using your insurance and then deliver at the public hospital. However, not all private Obs will accept patients who deliver at a public hospital (Grace Cheung doesnt) so check before you make the appointment.

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

FYI - Dr Chan does accept patients who do not end up delivering with him. I have a couple of friends who saw him throughout their antenatal care but went back to their home country to give birth and he treated them exactly the same as he treated patients that deliver with him

sobrevivirmama likes this.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

That's one reason why I loved Dr Chan - I always planned to deliver public - and throughout three pregnancies (one which ended in early miscarriage), I've seen MANY obgyns over here. He was the first one who really seemed to treat me exactly the same regardless. He was even very helpful with working WITH my public care, asking me about when my next appointments were so that we could get other test results back in time for me to take it to the public hospital etc...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast