Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which bottle?

Sazzy is offline Registered User

Which bottle?

Hi All

I am planning to breastfeed but just in case all fails, I am wanting to buy a bottle.

Which bottle are you using? WHy would you recommend it?

Thanks

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    I used Avent bottles with both of my babies. My sister passed a bunch of her old Avent bottles to me so I figured we would try them first. For my 1st I had a huge over supply so ended up pumping with the Avent hand-pump after each feeding. And then with my second I decided to pump everything out for my baby and was using the Avent duo-electric pump so it just all worked out at the end. They have BPA free bottles now.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I use Avent now, but when my baby was a newborn he didn`t take to it. I don`t know if it was the wide nipple area or what. I ended up getting the glass Pigeon bottle, but by then he refused all bottles until 8 months later when he preferred the Avent one. Go figure. The BPA ones are expensive here, over $100 each. If you`re planning to buy a pump, I think they come with some bottles(my Avent did) so you can just go from there.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    We started with Avent then switched to Born Free which are BPA free, but I think Avent are now too. I found the Avent ones to be a bit leaky too. My son had reflux and the Born Free ones worked well with him.

Portia is offline Registered User
    You might want to buy a bottle even if breastfeeding is successful in case you need to be away from the baby. I am using the First Years Breastflow BPA Free bottle because my LO is breastfed when I'm at home and bottlefed when I'm at work. It is a double nipple system requires both suction and compression and is therefore more similar to breastfeeding than a regular bottle.

rani is offline Administrator
    We used Avent and we got a free bottle from Nuk which D liked as well

BabyG is offline Registered User
    We use Bfree now but used a breastflow bottle to get my son used to the bottle when I weaned him off the breast.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Bf didn't work for us so I ended up using the Medela pump and got the Medela bottles which go with it. Honestly I wouldn't buy too much just have one or two in case you need them as sometimes babies don't get on with certain shapes of teat or you might end up wanting one to go with your pump etc...

For us, we bought an Avent prior to babies arrival but the milk came out of the teat too fast and he was a bit gaggy on it. The Medela are good for breast milk but not great for formula (to be fair, they're not sold as formula bottles) as you need to use a different cap to shake them and then put the teat on which is a bit of a faff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast