Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Any suggestions for a playgroup/activities for a 6mth old in Hong Kong?

VLH
    VLH is offline Registered User

Smile Any suggestions for a playgroup/activities for a 6mth old in Hong Kong?

I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions for playgroups or activities in Hong Kong. I have been living here for 5 years but I was working full time (very odd hours) up until I had my baby. I don't really have any friends with young children so I'm not sure where to begin. I am really interested in joining some sort of playgroup or kiddy gym to allow my baby boy to socialize (and maybe me too :wink) He is 5 1/2 months old. Thanks!!

Anything in Central or CWB would be great!

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

I have found that the best activity to do with a young baby is Pekip. She runs her class out of Wanchai. The only thing is that her classes tend to fill up pretty quickly. You can sign up now for classes that start Sept.
    http://www.pekip.com.hk/about.html
    In terms of gyms, there's always MyGym (VERY popular and usually has a long waiting list), Gymboree, Panda Junction, etc ... (just to name a few). I never did MyGym with my son as by the time I heard about it, tried a trial class, I was told that I would have to wait another 2-3 months for a spot so we just did Gymboree, which he also loved. I started taking my son to these play gym kind of places once he started crawling. The ones I named above are all in the Central area. There's suppose to be a couple of new ones that opened in Causeway Bay recently but I've never been so can't really comment.
    There are also music classes that you can attend with you baby. I think the more popular ones are Kindermusik (Central) and My MusikBox (CWB).
    Good Luck! Hopefully you'll be able to find activities that both you and your son enjoy together!

VLH

Thank you so much for all the great information. Now I have a great start...I will definitely check out some of your suggestions!

reei is offline Registered User

kindermusik

www.kateskids.com.hk/

hi, you can arrange a free trial class at Kate's Kids. I know that Kim, Catherine, Caitlin and Jaclyn are great.

VLH

Ok, that also sounds great. Thanks for the info. I am so happy to see that there are so many options out there...you just have to look!

swwich is offline Registered User

Hi VLH, I too moved to HK several years ago from US/Canada. Worked full time until I had my baby boy in March. I am staying at home to take care of the baby for the time being. Would love to meet up for coffee and playdate. I live in Cyberport so CWB or Central would be fine. Let me know!

and thanks Wenyishu for the suggestions. I'll definitely try them out.

jewels is offline Registered User

Hi, my daughter is 3.5 months old now and still a bit too young to join many of the playgroups available. I would love to meet up for a coffee/playdate as well. I'm at the Belchers in Pokfulam. Please let me know! Sswich, I've sent you a PM too.

VLH

Hi Sswich & Jewels,

It is nice to hear back from you...sounds like we should meet up then. How about we arrange a coffee date some time soon. You can send me a PM and let me know what date/time is good for all of us.
    BTW - I just registered for the PEKiP classes starting in October (for 8 weeks). It looks like a great class. they stress its not a playgroup but still, it looks like a great learning/bonding experience. The founder is also from Canada:) so how could I NOT sign up (ha). Thanks for that info Wendy!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast